View Full Forums : Powerlevling Help
05-17-2007, 08:56 PM
Im looking to powerlevel a beastlord up. Hes extremely twinked and my druid is high end 13k hp/mana. Since beastlords have no AE, can anyone suggest zones/levels and strategies? thankyou!
05-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Guess it depends on what level you're at.
I've leveled several classes from scratch, not all of em but about half I've gotten to at least level 40. I can honestly say that of the classes I've leveled no class was as fun as leveling the beastlord. I PLed most of my twinks, but the BL I soloed with until the 50s (when the mobs started hitting too hard to keep up). The levels actually went pretty fast too.
So while I'm not offering much help to your PLing plight, I can say that playing the class at lower levels is very rewarding.
When my BL hit the 50s, I moved to the planes and healed outside the group with my druid. I spent a lot of time on the West and East Walls in PoValor, then I did some Omens zones (I really can't remember which).
By 70 I had him twinked out enough that he could solo the table mobs in Fire.
So there you have it, an entire post of useless information that doesn't come close to answering your question. When I've PLed toons that PL easy, I've gone to the shore in Gunthak and then moved to Dulak in the 30s. If you want to churn out some levels on a BL my best and really only suggestion would be just move to some hot zones and heal outside of group, maybe even throw a couple dots the mob's way.
05-18-2007, 01:20 PM
DoT's do not leach the epxerience?
05-18-2007, 02:02 PM
As long as the toon being power leveled does 51% of the damage to the mob the other 49% can be done in any other manner, ds, pet, dd, dot, melee.
05-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Since beastlords have no AE, can anyone suggest zones/levels and strategies? thankyou!
Farm some Holgresh Mojo Sticks (http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=24887) (this (http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=24884) version works too.)
Or if you're lucky enough to get your hands on a Blued Two-Handed Hammer (http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=6403) you can use that as well.
05-18-2007, 04:41 PM
also another question. how exactly do i do the "pull a bunch of mobs, let the druid ds kill them" technique. I tried it out, but do i have to go through all the mobs rooting each one?
05-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Will answer this with an example:
In Dulak I load my druid with every conceivable DS - clickies, self ds, single target ds. I pull buttload of mobs with my druid in the fort and surrounding area (I can handle upwards of 30, your mileage may vary) using ensnare (I like ensnare best for duration). When I have a bunch I move out of range and hit myself with reptile skin, then cast hungry vines on the group of mobs (just make sure you're in range for the ds/dmg mitigation recourse). Then comes the tricky part ~ JK ~ I just stand there and let them smack me around.
I then take my alt and do minimum of 1 point of damage on each mob. Whether it be an AE or just rotating through the mobs. I typically have about 2 minutes to get through all of em before their dead. Stone throw works well for warriors and rogues, lifetap for necros, and worse comes to worse, go up and smack em without drawing aggro.
I repeat the process on the druid when hungry vines or reptile fades. When I have damaged all mobs on the alt, I start sitting down on druid to finish any mobs still alive off.
Hope that answers your question. The important thing is that the druid never actually does any damage aside from the damage shield.
05-20-2007, 08:24 PM
I remember some shrouded forms have the throw stone ability, should be any warrior and rougue forms.
vBulletin v3.0.0, Copyright ©2000-2010, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.