View Full Forums : Decision between solo classes.
02-14-2008, 10:59 PM
I am an old player returning to eq. I plan on playing on the test server because I don't have the time I once did and the double xp appeals to me. I played an sk to 70, necro to 59, and a bst to 56. I was thinking of rolling a druid, but wanted to know how well they solo. I know druids are good in groups, but grouping won't always be possible for me. I know that the necro is king of soloing single mobs, but how does a druid stack up against a necros soloing ability by kiting or charm killing?
02-15-2008, 02:52 AM
My rule has always been, if I can root it and it doesnt summon, then Im gonna kill it. Now granted it could take some time but in the end the mob will die.
02-15-2008, 02:54 AM
my main is a 76 druid with 1200 AA. I also have an 68 necro with 100 AA.
Here is how I see them:
- ports are very nice (but not as necessary after POK, GH, potions)
- FOE is nice, but modern mobs are often faster
- OK at root/rotting
- Quadding possible with good gear, but not very time efficient
- Charming is the best exp out there solo, but restricted to animals
- ok buffs, but mostly can be substituted by potions now
- Great Powerlevelers
- pets are weak - ok
- incredible dots
- nice selfhealing
- not equipment dependent at all (unless summoners)
- best kiters
- pretty good groupers
- FD still great pulling tool
- probably best exp/time of any class
Solo: Good to very good
Group: Rarely wanted, ok sec. healer, lousy DPS
Raid: 1 is enough for debuffs, low desirebility
Group: Always wanted
Raids: Always wanted
If you do nothing but solo, a charm killing druid can equal a necroes killing/exp rate. This is very situational however. Druids need to med more, necroes can kill constantly.
I hope this helps. Enjoy EQ again - especially with the new AA exp system, which is in my mind the best change to happen to EQ for years:
vBulletin v3.0.0, Copyright ©2000-2010, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.