View Full Forums : 2.2.2 live, and other updates
First off, Blizzard has pushed the 2.2.2 minor patch (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/) live. New graveyards and some event related changes.
Next up, the Brewfest (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/events/brewfest/) event is live until October 16th. After Brewfest, the Hallow's End (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/events/hallowsend/) event will run from October 18th to November 1st.
Finally, Blizzard recently released an interview (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/features/deathknight/interview.xml) with a few details about the death knight class.
Read on for the full 2.2.2 patch notes.
World of Warcraft Client Patch 2.2.2 (10/2/2007)
The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/
* Brewfest has begun and members of the Horde and Alliance can enjoy a multitude of activities, quests, items, and even Ram Racing. As Brewfest is about beer and food, revelers can sample the best beverages available in the world.
* Hallow’s End: Observed by both the Horde and the Alliance, Hallow's End is the celebration of the break between the Forsaken and the Scourge. Adventurers can speak to innkeepers to get silly masks to wear during their adventures, and much more. This is just one way to celebrate Hallow's End.
o New Holiday World Event: The Headless Horseman has been seen terrorizing local villages.
* Added a new graveyard to the Southern Barrens.
* Added a new graveyard to the Western Plaguelands.
* Added a new graveyard to the Alterac Mountains.
* Added a new graveyard to the Searing Gorge.
* Added a new graveyard to the Badlands.
* Added two new graveyards to Tanaris.
* Added two new graveyards to Winterspring.
* Added two new graveyards to Stonetalon.
* Added two new graveyards to Un'Goro.
10-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Wonder why they decided to add the extra graveyards after all this time? Are they are just trying to speed up questing????
If so, I'd like to see them make flight paths fly at 2x the existing speed. Or, better yet, make flights paths instant after you have flown it Z number of times.
10-03-2007, 06:55 PM
That kind of change would remove the feeling of "size" the world has and something they have repeatedly said they do NOT want to do, since you can get around pretty fast as it is. *shrug*
10-03-2007, 08:00 PM
You actually can get around Azeroth and the Outlands pretty fast as it is. It's not very big. I think the main reason for the extra graveyards is mainly to speed up the leveling process a very small bit (but it will help for sure)
10-16-2007, 09:49 AM
Anyone who is in a position to go to Gruul's Lair should definitely get the brewfest goggles. When equipped, these goggles cause all humans (including players) and all giants to appear instead as gnomes.
Gruul is a sight to behold... =)
vBulletin v3.5.4, Copyright ©2000-2010, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.