View Full Forums : Suggestions for Improvment Please!
02-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Ok, I am not raiding yet on this guy and am only running regular dungeons at the moment with my guild ( hate pugs ). 14k rep away from earthwarden.
I am missing enchants on my boots and gloves (planning agility) and need to up the agility enchant on weapon to +35.
Other than those things can anyone point me toward some improvements for my gear.....thanks in advance.
My Armory Link (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonblight&n=Trilliz)
02-21-2008, 08:55 AM
if u dont have access to kara with this char then i recommend going heroic-dungeons for the items and marks.
u get very nice items from heroic marks.
also the belt from heroic-ramparts and the boots from heroic-underbog are rly nice for tanking.
i would wait with the +35 agi enchant for earthwarden cause the enchant is pretty expensive and i would spent it only on items which i know i have a long time.
02-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Thanks, that is actually why the staff only has +20....trying to wait for the rest of the rep for Earthwarden.
These items are what you are referring to?
Vestments of Hibernation (http://184.108.40.206/i33579)
Ring of Unyielding Force (http://220.127.116.11/i29384)
Cowl of Beastly Rage (http://18.104.22.168/i32088)
Bands of Swiftpaw (http://22.214.171.124/i33580)
Not real confident running heroics with guild yet. But it something we are geaded towards. ARe any of the Heroics easy to start on than others?
02-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Start with Steamvaults, Mechannar and Botanica.
Actually, if you can, just run Mech and Bot over and over.
Those themselves will get you 9 Badges a day.
More if one is a daily and hop in Steamvaults for 3 or 4 more (can't remember how many bosses are there)
02-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Do you just have one set of gear, or do you have a set for dps as well as tanking?
I'm going to go ahead and assume that the gear I see you in now is your tank set.
A few notes about your existing stats.
1. You are above the crit cap. Even without that elixir of ironskin. You can afford to drop some resilience or defense skill.
2. Honestly this is easily geared enough to do lower karazhan, if not all of karazhan. It's also sufficient as an offtank in early 25 man instances.
3. Your stats are generally well balanced, however your agility is very low. Agility is a very important stat for feral druids, it gives armor, dodge, crit, attack power, and in patch 2.4 if specced for it will also give you +healing and +healing received (in cat form). Go for upgrades to your gear that feature increases in agility.
4. Earthwarden, as you say, is the logical next step. However, you also might like to consider this ring (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30834#sold-by) available from exalted Lower City faction, which is extremely nice for tanking (and for dps too if you have nothing better).
5. If you have a dps set of gear, once you have 2800+ attack power and about 32% crit, start stacking hit rating until you reach the cap, which is 142. Continue to stack stats after that but be on the lookout for items that give expertise - the expertise rating cap is 89 and this will significantly increase your dps once you're in the further reaches of SSC/TK. It's also important for tanking as it reduces the mob's chance to dodge and parry. When a mob parries your attack, its next swing comes faster, and this creates a damage spike. If you reach the cap, mobs will never dodge and never parry. This also serves to increase your threat generation.
6. And yea... make sure you have multiple sets of gear for different roles. Pvp, healing, tanking, dps... all require different types of gear. You don't need defense skill on dps gear, for example. Don't be one of those druids who is "only bear" or "only cat". Embrace the chromacity my furry friend.. :>
7. The Idol of Terror is available from G'eras in Shattrath City for 15 heroic tokens. At the time of writing this is the best tanking idol. Everbloom idol is sold by the same NPC, also for 15 tokens, and is the best dps idol.
02-22-2008, 10:47 AM
All of my defense and resilience have come from items that were obtained for armor purposes. I have not gemmed for it. I actually backed off some on stamina to gem more aggility and + hit on tanking set.
Other than enchants what could i replace to get my agility up?
02-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Almost all of the enchants give you +agi. So, I gem for +sta (unless I want the socket bonus) knowing I can enchant with +agi.
Here's a good Feral (tank) enchanting guide (http://teethandclaws.blogspot.com/2007/12/feral-tanking-enchants-by-slot.html) (read the comments as well).
02-22-2008, 02:52 PM
If you need badges, I'd recommend running SP/UB as much as you can. In heroic they both provide CE rep, and they're a lot easier than any other heroic. At your level of rep I believe you'd need 11 heroic SP/UB runs to get exalted, and you'd get something like 35 badges that way. And that assumes no coilfang armaments either.
02-25-2008, 05:55 AM
Once you get stuck into raiding, you should start to see a lot of upgrades with masses of agility on them.
vBulletin v3.5.4, Copyright ©2000-2010, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.