View Full Forums : 3.0.8 live
Still can't post in the news forum, but here are the final patch notes...
- World of Warcraft Client Patch 3.0.8
The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at
The latest patch notes can always be found at
- Players may now create death knights on any realm once they reach
- Bonus Armor: The mechanics for items with bonus armor on them has
changed (any cloth, leather, mail, or plate items with extra armor,
or any other items with any armor). Bonus armor beyond the base
armor of an item will no longer be multiplied by any talents or by
the bonuses of Bear Form, Dire Bear Form, or Frost Presence.
- Racial restrictions on mounts have now been lifted. Night Elves on
mechanostriders? Tauren on raptors? You’re not seeing things.
- Racial Resistances: These can now be mitigated against by gaining
additional chance to hit.
- Tapping: All player spells which cause a creature to become
aggressive to you will now also immediately cause the creature to be
- All Silence spells now have diminishing returns. This includes:
Arcane Torrent, Garrote silence effect, Improved Counterspell effect,
Improved Kick effect, Silence, Gag Order, Silencing Shot, Spell Lock,
- Dispel Resist talents have changed to protect only beneficial spells
and damage over time effects.
- Shield Wall, Barkskin, Guardian Spirit, and Divine Protection are now
off the Global Cooldown.
- A new mailbox is now available at the Crows Tavern in the Dalaran
- We have added over 60 new graveyards to Kalimdor and the Eastern
- The run speed in spirit form has been increased by 50%. Night Elves
in Wisp form will now move at a 75% a bonus speed.
- Reputation rewarded for killing mobs will no longer automatically
deprecate. This means trivial mobs will continue to give out their
full amounts of reputation on kill for the majority of cases in the
game (level 70 creatures in Stratholme, for example, will continue to
award the full amount of rep to level 80 players seeking to boost
their Argent Dawn faction).
- World of Warcraft now supports 3-D imaging. Visit
http://www.nvidia.com/object/GeForce_3D_Vision_Main.html for more
- The Loremaster of Kalimdor Achievement has had its quest amount
- The Perma-Peddle Achievement is no longer a part of the
“Fool for Love” meta-achievement.
- The Winds of the North has had its requirements changed. This
achievement is now earned by getting Exalted with the Alliance
Vanguard or Horde Expedition.
- Vehicles can now be affected by most player spells, except CC, snares
Arena rating requirements for all Deadly Gladiator’s Arena items have
been reduced by 100.
All rage and runic power are set to 0 when an Arena begins and the
preparation period is over.
Ring of Valor: The small pillars will now rise immediately once the
Wintergrasp Commendations can now also be purchased for the low low
price of 9 Wintergrasp Marks of Honor. Players can visit their
respective Wintergrasp vendors and put those Marks of Honor to use!
Wintergrasp PvP vehicles have had their health increased.
Wintergrasp Tower cannons have had their health increased.
The Wintergrasp Fortress Exterior walls have had their health
The Fortress Keep door now has had its health decreased.
The Orb is now instantly clickable.
Elementals should now always despawn when the battle begins.
There are now three ranks in Wintergrasp: Recruit, Corporal, and
Players will be eligible for participation rewards after two
Players will receive increased honor with increased rank.
Players will receive additional Marks of Honor at Corporal or higher
Players will receive corporal rank at 5 honorable kills instead of
Wintergrasp now extends further south so that more revenants can be
Strand of the Ancients
Antipersonnel Turrets will now gain vehicle immunities, use falloff
damage, and damage increased to 4000 + 200 per level to compensate
The Strand of the Ancients Demolisher has had its health increased.
The Strand of the Ancients tower cannon has had its health increased.
Seaforium charges have been moved closer to the graveyards on the 2nd
- All multi-rune abilities generate 15 runic power.
- Anti-Magic Shell: The cooldown has been lowered to 45 sec from 60 sec.
- Anti-Magic Zone: This abilityís duration has been cut to 10 seconds.
- Blood Aura now grants 2/4% instead of 1/2% healing.
- Blood Presence now grants 2/4% instead of 1/2% healing.
- Bloody Strikes will receive extra bonus damage from Pestilence.
- Bone Shield: The mitigation has been reduced from 40% to 20%.
- Corpse Explosion: Damage increased substantially, added 5 sec.
cooldown, and changed cost to 40 runic power.
- Dark Command: Range increased to 30 yards.
- Death Pact now grants 40% instead of 20% healing.
- Frost Presence: The bonus armor has been increased from 60 to 80% and
magic damage reduction increased from 5 to 15%.
- Heart Strike no longer has a haste debuff but will now be able to
strike two targets.
- Horn of Winter now has no cost and grants 10 runic power in addition
to its stat buff, but has a 20 second cooldown.
- Howling Blast: Cooldown removed.
- Icebound Fortitude now reduces damage by 20% instead of 50%. The
amount of damage reduced increases with bonus Defense (to about 35%
for 540 Defense, but can go higher).
- Killing Machine: Instead of a chance to be triggered on critical
strike, this talent now has a chance to be triggered on each swing
based on the swing time of the weapon (slow weapons more likely, fast
weapons less likely).
- Mark of Blood: The total amount of healing this can grant is now
capped based on a percentage of standard creature health at the
- Night of the Dead now grants 40/70% passive area spell avoidance to
your pet in addition to its current effects.
- Outbreak will no longer receive bonus damage from pestilence. The
bonus from Plague Strike and Blood Boil has been increased slightly.
- Pestilence no longer has a 10 seconds cooldown.
- Raise Dead has now been split into two spells:
Raise Dead now raises a ghoul or pet ghoul (if talented). Requires
corpse dust if no humanoid corpse is nearby.
Raise Ally now raises a fallen party member as a ghoul and has no
reagent. Available at level 72. This should now last for 4 minutes.
- Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle (two-handed only) now grants 25
Defense and 2% Stamina.
- Rune Strike: Damage decreased from 200% to 150% but threat increased
to 150% from 100%.
- Shadow of Death: The duration has been changed from 45 seconds to 25
secondsseconds and now has a 15 minute cooldown.
- Summon Gargoyle: Damage dealt by the Gargoyle reduced by
approximately 20% and maximum duration cut to 30 seconds.
- Unholy Blight had had its cost reduced from 60 to 40 runic power.
- Wandering Plague will now properly reset after being cast and now
considers the resilience of the target in determining its chance to
- Vampiric Blood (DK) changed from 20% health / 50% healing to 15 %
health / 35% healing.
- Will of the Necropolis will now reduce the damage of any attack that
takes the DK below 35% health by 5 /10/15% instead of boosting armor
when wounded. It no longer affects the cooldown of Anti-Magic Shell
and retains the current damage reduction bonus.
- Aquatic Form is now available from druid trainers at level 16.
- Celestial Focus (Balance) no longer includes Starfall.
- Feral Attack Power: All weapons now have the potential to grant feral
attack power based on their dps (as compared to the best superior-
quality weapons available at level 60). Players will see their
existing feral weapons grant roughly the same attack power as they
did before (+/- 2 or so), but many new weapons will be options for
the feral druid. Some feral weapons have had strength converted to
attack power to be more appealing to other classes able to equip
them. All druids will see the amount of feral attack power granted
by an item in the item tooltip, if it grants any, but other players
will not see that information.
- Remove Curse and Abolish Poison can now be used in Moonkin form.
- Genesis: Now works with Tranquility and Hurricane.
- Growl: Range increased to 30 yards.
- King of the Jungle - The Bear effect is now physical, and thus cannot
- Moonglow: This talent now also benefits Nourish.
- Nature's Grace - Now also effects Revive.
- Nourish: Wild Growth applied to a target now increases the healing
done by this spell by 20% like other heal over time effects.
- Polearms: Now trainable by Druids.
- Primal Tenacity: Now reduces the cost of Bear Form, Cat Form, and
Dire Bear Form by 17/33/50% in addition to its previous effects.
- Protector of the Pack: No longer changes value based on party size.
- Savage Roar: The buff now persists outside of Cat Form but only
provides its benefits while in Cat Form.
- Starfall: Instead of canceling shapeshifting, now cancels on
shapeshifting into an animal form.
- Survival of the Fittest: This talent now grants 22/44/66% bonus armor
in Bear Form and Dire Bear Form in addition to all of its previous
- Swipe: Swipe (Cat) has now been added at level 71, dealing 260%
weapon damage, costs 50 energy with no cooldown. All talents
affecting the Bear Form version affect the Cat Form one as well.
- Wild Growth now has a 6 second cooldown.
- Hunter Aspects are now off the Global Cooldown again. They still
have a shared 1 second cooldown.
- All Hunter pet abilities with a cooldown of 30 seconds or
more are no longer on the global cooldown.
- Arcane Shot: Mana cost lowered to match the cost of Steady Shot.
- Aspect of the Wild - This aspect is now raid-wide.
- Call of the Wild: The benefit from this pet talent now applies to
only the Hunter and their own pet.
- Deterrence: Design changed to grant 100% parry and 100% chance to
"deflect" spells coming from the front, but prevents the Hunter from
attacking. Lasts 5 seconds and has a 90 second cooldown.
- Explosive Shot: Damage increased substantially, and additional
scaling added to compensate Survival Hunters for the decrease in
power of Steady Shot. No longer deals damage to secondary targets.
- Ferocious Inspiration: This talent now also increase the damage the
Hunter does with Arcane Shot by 3/6/9%.
- Improved Tracking(Survival): This talent has been slightly
re-designed. Now reads: While tracking Beasts, Demons, Dragonkin,
Elementals, Giants, Humanoids and Undead, all ranged damage done to
those types is increased by 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Kill Shot Ė Cooldown reduced to 15 seconds, down from 35 sec.
- Kindred Spirits: This talent now grants only 3/6/9/12/15% pet damage.
- Lock and Load: Now has a 30 second cooldown.
- Readiness: No longer resets the cooldown on Bestial Wrath.
- Serpentís Swiftness: This talent now grants only 2/4/6/8/10% bonus
attack speed to pet. The hunter attack speed bonus is unchanged.
- Tranquilizing Shot (Hunter): Cooldown increased to 8 sec, up from
6. Mana cost reduced to 8%, down from 12%.
- Unleashed Fury: This talent now grants only 3/6/9/12/15% pet damage.
- Steady Shot: Now gains 10% of attack power as damage instead of 20%.
- Viper Sting: Now drains a percentage of maximum mana.
- Volley: The damage has been reduced on all ranks by approximately 30%
(including attack power scaling).
All Hunter pet abilities with a cooldown of 30 seconds or more are no
longer on the global cooldown.
The coefficient of Rake (Cat) and Scorpid Poison (Scorpid) has been
Rake: This hunter pet ability has had its damage adjusted to prevent
unreasonable scaling with attack power.
Scorpid Poison: No longer stacks. The damage has been adjusted to
prevent unreasonable scaling with attack power.
Spirit Strike (hunter pet ability) now has an initial attack (which
can crit) and then a single dot. Damage overall is higher.
- Arcane Blast: This ability has been significantly changed. Arcane
Blast now increases the damage of the next Arcane spell by 15%.
However, using Arcane Blast itself does not consume the charge
itself. Each time you cast Arcane Blast, the damage of Arcane spells
is increased by 15% and the mana cost of Arcane Blast is increased by
200%. This effect stacks up to 3 times and lasts 10 seconds or until
any Arcane damage spell except Arcane Blast is cast.
- Arcane Flows: Now also reduces the cooldown of Evocation by 1m/2m.
- Elemental Precision: Renamed to Precision and now works on all spells.
- Evocation: Cooldown reduced to 4 min.
- Improved Blizzard: The snaring effect has been reduced to 25/40/50%.
- Incanterís Absorption: The amount of spell damage a Mage can gain
from this ability is now capped at 5% of the mageís health.
- Mirror Image: The Mirror Image Polymorph ability now has a range of 8
yards. In addition, Mirror Images will no longer have excessive
threat values assigned to them when they are created.
- Slow Fall is now castable on others.
- Torment the Weak: Now works with Arcane Blast and does bonus damage
against targets afflicted with any type of slow (such as the combat
slow from Thunder Clap).
- Avenging Wrath: Divine Shield, Divine Protection, and Avenging Wrath
cannot be used within 30 seconds of each other anymore. Forbearance
removed from Avenging Wrath.
- Divine Protection: The penalty has been removed.
- Divine Shield: The penalty has been changed so that all damage done
is reduced by 50% in place of an attack speed penalty.
- Hand of Reckoning(NEW): Available on trainers at level 16. Itís a 30
yard range taunt that causes Holy damage.
- Judgements of the Pure: This Holy talent now increases the damage
done by Seals and Judgements.
- Judgement of Wisdom: Now returns a percentage of base mana instead
of a percentage of max mana.
- Sacred Duty: Interaction with Divine Shield and Divine Protection
removed, but stamina bonus increased.
- Abolish Disease and Cure Disease can now be cast while in Shadowform.
- Holy: Circle of Healing now has a 6 second cooldown.
- Levitate is now castable on others.
- Mana Burn: Now burns a percentage of maximum mana.
Shadowform: You can now shift into Shadowform while mounted or
Vampiric Embrace- Mana cost of this spell has been removed.
- Cheap Shot: This ability no longer has diminishing returns against
anything other than itself.
- Fan of Knives: The cooldown has been removed. In addition, now deals
150% of weapon damage when used while daggers are equipped.
- Feint: Rank 8 now reduces the damage taken from area of effect
attacks by 50% for 6 seconds in addition to its existing effects.
- Kidney Shot: This ability now has diminishing returns against all
- All shaman talent points have been refunded. Please visit your
trainer to learn spells and abilities.
- Fire Nova Totem: Now no longer generates threat.
- Healing Way: Now only one application is required to reach full
benefit. No longer stacks.
- Improved Water Shield: Lesser Healing Wave now has a reduced chance
to trigger this talent.
- Magma Totem: The damage and scaling has been increased and no longer
- Mental Quickness and Static Shock have switched positions in the
- Mental Quickness: Reduces the mana cost of instant cast Shaman spells
by 2/4/6% and increases spell power by an amount equal to 10/20/30%
of your attack power.
- Searing Totem (Rank 4) now does the proper damage for its rank.
- Tremor Totem's duration has been increased from 2 minutes to 5
Elemental Oath: In addition to existing effects, now increases spell
damage done by the Shaman by 5/10% while Elemental Focus Clearcasting
Elemental Mastery: Redesigned. Now increases the Shamanís critical
strike chance by 20% for 30 seconds. Cooldown remains at 3 minutes.
Elemental Shields: This talent has been removed. It has now been
merged with Elemental Warding.
Elemental Warding: Now reduces all damage taken by 2/4/6%. Changed
from only reducing Nature, Fire and Frost by 4/7/10%.
New Talent: Shamanism-Your Lightning Bolt spell gains an additional
2/4/6/8/10% and your Lava Burst gains an additional 4/8/12/16/20% of
your bonus damage effects.
Storm, Earth and Fire: This talent has been moved up in the tree, and
itís talent points have been reduced to 3 down from 5. Wind Shock is
also included in the range increase (with Earth Shock). The damage
bonus to Flame Shock has been increased, up from 10/20/30/40/50 to
Unrelenting Storm: point cost reduced to 3, down from 5. Now does
- Curse of Agony will now scale better when used with the Glyph of
Curse of Agony. Ticks beyond the original duration will do 33% more
damage than the ticks that preceded them. i.e. 74 -> 145 -> 217 -> 290.
- Demon Armor and Demon Skin: Armor increased by approximately 120%.
- Demonic Circle: The teleport now clears all snare effects.
- Drain Mana: Now drains a percentage of maximum mana.
- Emberstorm: Now works with Conflagrate.
- Ritual of Summoning: Will now create a summoning portal object which
can be re-used for multiple summons for 5 minutes.
- Bloodthirst: Charges have been decreased to 3, but the effect has
been raised to 1% per charge.
- Fury: Bloodsurge: Now has a chance to trigger from any hit with
Heroic Strike, Bloodthirst, or Whirlwind.
- Fury:Titan's Grip: The hit chance penalty has been removed.
- Sudden Death: The amount of rage spent on an Execute while Sudden
Death is active is now capped at 30 rage. Improved Execute and the
Glyph of Execute will still increase the damage done by increasing the
amount of rage able to be converted into damage.
- Taunt: Range increased to 30 yards.
All flasks no longer require an alchemy lab to create.
The Cooldown on Transmute: Titanium has been reduced to 1 day, and
the materials required have been simplified.
Reduced the cooldown on Northrend Alchemy Research from 7 days to 3
The chance to discover a Northrend transmutation has been increased.
Changed the Crazy Alchemist Potion so it always gives health and
mana. It also grants the benefit of another random potion effect.
Potion of Nightmares functionality changed. You can now move to
interrupt the effect, and damage taken is no longer increased while
you are under the effects of this potion.
Added a new recipe for Ethereal Oil to grand master alchemy trainers.
You can now discover a recipe for the Elixir of Water Walking with
Northrend Alchemy Research.
Reduced the spell power on the Titansteel Guardian to bring it in
line with its item level.
Increased the material requirements to make high level frost
resistance gear created with blacksmithing.
Increased the materials required to make several recipes that require
Added a new recipe for shield reinforcements that increases the block
value of shields.
A recipe has been added for Kungaloosh. You can learn this recipe
from an NPC in the Dalaran sewers once you have completed the quest
'The Taste Test' in Sholazar Basin.
A recipe for the incredible Fish Feast can now be purchased for
Dalaran Cooking Awards.
Succulent Orca Stew and Shoveltusk Soup have been removed from the
requirements for any cooking achievements as they will not be added
to the game.
A new recipe for Worg Tartare is now available for purchase with
Dalaran Cooking Awards. This delicacy imbues hit rating and Stamina
upon those brave enough to eat it.
Many high level enchantment recipes have had the amount of Infinite
Dust and Greater Cosmic Essence requirements significantly reduced,
but with Dream Shards being added to them.
Increased the Fire damage inflicted by the Icebreaker weapon
Reduced the armor penalty granted by the Berserking weapon
Increased the amount of healing from the Lifeward enchantment.
Increased the amount of damage caused by the Icebreaker enchantment.
Added a new recipe to enchant bracers with Stamina. You can buy this
recipe from Vanessa Sellers in Dalaran.
Engineers may now be able to properly engineer Centrifuge Constructs.
Reduced the cooldown and increased the duration of the effect for
Added a new recipe for epic plate spell power goggles.
Weakness Spectralizers are now usable by druids.
The Saronite Bomb recipe now creates a lot more bombs for the same
material cost. While this breakthrough was discovered by goblins,
all engineers can take advantage of it.
Gnomish Lightning Generator has had its cast time and cooldown
The engineering Scrapbot can now repair.
Jessica Sellers, a new vendor in the Dalaran inscription shop, will
sell most inscription inks for the cost of one Ink of the Sea. She
also sells Snowfall Ink for multiple Inks of the Sea.
A new recipe for Glyph of Arcane Blast has been added to Master and
Grand Master Inscription trainers.
Added a new recipe to convert a frozen orb and some green quality
gems into several superior quality gems.
Reduced the spell power granted by the use effect of the Figurine Ė
Twilight Serpent, but reduced the cooldown significantly.
Iceborne Belt pattern skill up range has been increased to the
The epic leg armor patches now require a Frozen Orb in addition to
their other materials.
Mining veins and deposits no longer require multiple hits to receive
all the ore. Players will receive around the same amount of ore,
stone, and gems they would have received from multiple hits.
Weakened Giants and Iron Rune Sentinels can now be correctly mined.
Increased the critical strike rating granted by ranks 5 and 6 of
Master of Anatomy.
Carrion Fleshstrippers are now skinnable.
- Reduced the cloth required to make a Bolt of Imbued Frostweave.
Simplified the materials required for Shining Spellthread and Azure
Reduced the eternals required to make Brilliant Spellthread and
Sapphire Spellthread, but increased the number of Iceweb Spider Silk.
Greatly reduced the materials required to make the self-only
tailoring leg enchants (Master's Spellthread and Sanctified
Spellthread), but these recipes no longer grant any skill gains.
Reduced the training cost for the normal Flying Carpet.
Ebonweave now requires the tailor to be in the Maw of Neltharion in
Dragonblight to creating it.
Spellweave now requires the tailor to be at the Azure Dragonshrine in
Dragonblight when creating it.
- The quest, "Scare the Guano Out of Them!" now only requires 10
Darkclaw Guano, down from 15. Also, only the character that scared
the bat, or their party, may now loot the guano.
- Shoveltusk Meat obtained during the quest; "Shoveltusk Soup Again?"
is now correctly flagged as a quest item with no sell price.
- During the quest, "Scalps!" you can no longer use Ahunae's Knife
to scalp kills that you aren't tapped to.
- The path followed by the Har'koa's Kitten during the quest, "I Sense
a Disturbance" has been improved.
- Westguard Sergeants, Winterhoof Braves, and Ethereal Frostworgs
should no longer attempt to attack their opposite faction
counterparts unless the character controlling them is first attacked.
- Westguard Sergeant and Winterhoof Brave demoralizing shouts will now
only affect the Winterskorn Vrykul and worgs at Skorn.
- Various fixes to the Queen Angerboda event during the quest, "The
- The daily quest, "Shoot 'Em Up" now only requires 15 Jotunheim Proto-
Drakes to be shot down, down from 20. As well, the harpoon now only
costs 5 energy to shoot, down from 10.
- Chat frames can now be made ďNoninteractiveĒ. When in this state,
they will ignore all clicks.
- Various filters can now be applied to Achievements.
- A special UI for chatting with GMs has been added.
- For additional notes on Lua and XML changes please visit the UI &
- Emblems of Heroism can now be purchased at a 1 to 1 rate using
Emblems of Valor.
- The Darkmoon Faire exotic vendors have been updated with new items.
- Amberglow Signet now correctly grants Hit Rating.
- Deadly Gladiatorís Refuge has had its 4 piece set bonus changed.
It now reduces the cooldown of Swiftmend by 2 seconds.
- Deadly Gladiator's Staff has had the Agility and Critical strike
rating restored to ratios consistent with other instances of the
- Dreamwalker Battlegear: The Rip bonus is now 4 seconds instead of 3.
- Dreamwalkerís Regalia 2 piece bonus has been changed to reduce the
mana cost of Lifebloom.
- Dreamwalker Battlegear: The Rip bonus is now 4 seconds instead of 3.
- Druid Feral Tier 7 Set: The 4 piece bonus now also decreases the
cooldown on Tigerís Fury by 3 seconds.
- Druid Restoration Tier 7 Set: The Rejuvenation bonus has been changed
to affect Lifebloom instead.
- Gifts and Pledges of Adoration for the capital cities are now
- The Flag of Ownership now has only a 60s cooldown to match the 60s
duration of the flag.
- The following crafted weapons have had their stats adjusted to
properly reflect their intended power:
Corroded Saronite Edge, Corroded Saronite Woundbringer, Cudgel of
Saronite Justice, Furious Saronite Beatstick, Saronite Spellblade,
Saronite Shiv, Savage Cobalt Slicer, Notched Cobalt War Axe, Sturdy
Cobalt Quickblade, Cobalt Tenderizer
- Living Lashers can now properly be skinned with Herbalism.
- Players can now open clams while riding a vehicle, sitting, mounted,
stealthed, and invisible.
- Reduced the stats on the Savage Cobalt Slicer to match the weapon's
- Some low-level rogue pvp gloves were accidentally omitted from the
patch 3.0.3 update. This has been rectified.
- Some neglected creatures in Icecrown have found the contents of their
- Totem of Hex now correctly grants 165 spell power to Chain Lightning
and Lightning Bolt, up from 85.
- The white Polar Bear mount is now the proper (larger) size.
Glyph of Conflagrate now makes it so your Conflagrate spell no longer
consumes the Immolate or Shadowflame spell from the target.
Glyph of Death and Decay has been changed to grant 20% additional
damage instead of its current effect.
Glyph of Hammer of Justice: Now increases range by 5 yards instead
of increasing stun duration.
Glyph of Invisibility duration has been increased.
Glyph of Deterrence: Now -10 seconds instead of -20.
Glyph of Holy Light now affects friendly targets in a larger radius.
Glyph of Horn of Winter now increases the duration by 60 sec.
Glyph of Spirit of Redemption: Now increases the duration of the
effect by a fixed amount of 6 seconds.
Glyph of turn evil now also increases the cooldown of your turn evil
spell by 8 sec.
- Incapacitating Shout now has an 8 second duration.
- Conquered Soul of the Blightcallers are no longer AE immune.
- Corrected a raid emote in Violet Hold to display the proper creature
- Corrected a redundant aura tooltip for Locust Swarm in Naxxramas.
- Several creatures in the Construct Quarter of Naxxramas did not have
Heroic values for hit points and damage.
- Storm Peaks, Grom'arsh Crash Site - Peon Gakra is now an innkeeper
and the zeppelin hull, an inn.
- Fixed a bug with a Wild Mustard plant that was under the ground in
Berserking: Can now be used properly while under the affects of Hand
Heroic Presence: Now works properly in Ghost Wolf Form.
Shadowmeld: This ability will now properly restore threat when it is
cancelled. In addition, it will correctly remove a player from combat
if it is active when that player is the last person left alive that
the creature hates. This ability is now also unusable while affected
by Faerie Fire.
Will of the Forsaken: Using this ability while disoriented would
trigger itís cooldown to no affect; it is no longer useable while
Blood Aura Will now always do the correct amount of healing, based on
the actual damage taken of the target.
Blood Caked Blade: Now does the proper damage amount when triggered
by an off-hand weapon.
Bloody Strikes: The tooltip for this talent now has correct values.
Butchery: Will now always grant 20 runic power, regardless of the
creature type killed.
Chains of Ice: This ability is no longer able to land on death
knights who have Anti-Magic Shell active.
Crypt Fever: It is no longer possible to have a duration longer than
the disease which caused it. Will also no longer incorrectly increase
Death and Decay damage.
Corpse Explosion: Fixed a bug where how much Runic Power the Death
Knight had was affecting the damage done, and also increased the
Dancing Rune Blade: The weapon no longer echoes the Raise Dead and
Army of the Dead spells. In addition it will now more closely match
the masterís damage and will cast Rune Strike when its master does.
Death Chill: The effect from this talent will no longer be consumed
if Killing Machine is active.
Death Pact: This will no longer cause guards to attack the Death
Desecration: will no longer break stealth.
Ebon Plague: It is no longer possible to have a duration longer than
the disease which caused it. It will no longer stack with Crypt Fever
used by another character.
Frost Fever: This talent now works properly when spell reflected.
Gnaw: This ghoul ability is now able to be set on autocast.
Icy Clutch: This will now be applied properly in all cases to targets
that gain Frost Fever via the Pestilence ability.
Mark of Blood now works correctly with periodic damage.
Pestilence: The diseases will now spread correctly even when the
damage from Pestilence kills the primary target.
Raise Dead no longer puts you in combat when you cast this spell.
Shadow of Death: This ability will no longer cause tracking abilities
to become inactive when the death knight becomes a ghoul.
Tundra Stalker (Rank 1) will now work properly on Death and Decay.
Unholy Blight: Will no longer cause spell pushback.
Bear Form: This ability will now grant the correct attack power per
level for levels 71-80.
Entangling Roots: When determining if a new Entangling Roots should
overwrite an old one, and will now calculate the correct damage
modifiers for the creature type of the target.
Maim: Tooltip adjusted to match the duration the ability has always
Opening: Opening doors and objects should no longer cause
shapeshifted forms to be cancelled.
Rake: The initial damage from this ability is now properly considered
bleed damage, and will be increased by Mangle and Trauma.
Savage Fury - Mangle (Bear) damage was being increased by a higher
percentage than intended. This has been fixed, and in result Mangle
(Bear) should see roughly a 16% damage reduction. Also fixed a bug
with Savage Fury where the Rake bleed effect was not being increased.
Starfall will no longer cause nearby creatures to become hostile for
no apparent reason while the Druid is affected by fear effects. In
addition, it will no longer pick ambient creatures as targets.
Survival Instincts: The extra health from this ability now persists
in all forms, but the ability can only be activated in Cat Form,
Bear Form, or Dire Bear Form. This prevents the health gain from
occurring multiple times if constantly shapeshifting.
Swiftmend: Riptide will no longer cause this ability to light up,
and this ability will no longer sometimes consume Earthliving off the
Aspects: All aspects now have a 1 second global cooldown.
Aspect of the Beast: Will now increase Hunter pet attack power by the
Aspect of the Viper: Beast Lore, Scare Beast, and Tame Beast will no
longer trigger mana regeneration from this ability.
Call of the Wild: Now only works on the pet and their own master.
Carrion Feeder: No longer causes extremely large amounts of threat
when the pet gains happiness.
Chimera Shot: The secondary effects of this shot will now still be
triggered even when the target dies from the abilityís damage.
Cower: Now longer shares a cooldown with Growl, but has its own
Dust Cloud: This pet ability will now be cast by the pet at the
target instead of while they are moving toward the target.
Marked for Death: Now works properly for Steady Shot and Glyph of
Masterís Call: Now makes the pet immune to roots and snares for the
duration as well, allowing the pet to break roots on the target even
when the pet is rooted.
Nether Shock: Pets will now correctly use this ability on all
targets, not just mana users.
Noxious Stings: When this talent triggers Wyvern Sting, the Wyvern
Sting will now last the proper duration.
Owlís Focus: Free abilities will no longer consume this effect.
Prowl: This ability will no longer sometimes turn autocast on by
Sniper Training: Now increases the damage of Aimed Shot by the
Spirit Strike: This pet abilityís duration and period have both been
reduced to 6 seconds.
Spore Cloud: This ability will now work properly.
Swipe: The tooltip has been adjusted.
Tracking: Entering an arena no longer disables tracking types.
Fixed a bug that allowed Viperís Sting to target death knights. They
are now invalid targets.
Arcane Missiles: This spell now only has one chance to trigger Arcane
Brain Freeze: This talent can now be triggered by Blizzard.
Burnout: This talent will now properly charge the mage additional
mana when Living Bomb causes a critical strike.
Fingers of Frost: This talent can now trigger properly from Frost
Frost Nova: Will now properly overwrite the effect of Shattered
Barrier and of Frostbite.
Icy Veins: The spell pushback reduction from this talent now works on
Improved Scorch: This talent no longer triggers effects that trigger
on casting a spell.
Incanterís Absorption: This talent will now work properly when the
mage is sitting.
Living Bomb: Now triggers Ignite when it causes a critical strike. In
addition, the final explosion will now still occur even if the mage
is affected by a crowd control effect.
Molten Fury: This talent will now interact correctly with Torment the
Precision: Frostfire Bolt will no longer receive double the intended
benefit from this talent.
Spell Power: Now affects the critical strike chance of Blizzard.
Devotion aura: When mixing two different ranks of this ability in a
party, players will no longer sometimes see a spurious second copy of
Hand of Freedom: Now works properly against the froststorm Breath
Hunter pet ability.
Judgement of Blood, Judgement of Command, and Judgement of the Martyr
will now gain the correct damage modifiers for the creature type of
Judgement of Light: The tooltip has been corrected to remove the
implication that it only works on melee attacks.
Judgement of the Wise: The amount of mana gained has been corrected
to match the tooltip.
Pure of Heart: This talent will no longer cause Curse of Agony to
do more damage than intended.
Repentance: Avengerís Shield no longer breaks Repentance,
but unfortunately, Seal of Vengeance and Corruption damage will break
it again. This will be corrected in a future patch.
Righteous Vengeance: This talent will now calculate its damage
correctly when the damage is absorbed. In addition this ability will
no longer cause excessive damage when refreshed on targets with
damage reduction effects active.
Seal of Command: The tooltip has been adjusted to show the damage
gained from spell power.
Shield of Righteousness now properly shares a cooldown for
Dispersion: This ability can no longer be cast while affected by
Cyclone; doing so consumed the cooldown to no effect.
Guardian Spirit: It is no longer possible for simultaneous killing
blows to trigger the heal from this ability multiple times.
Improved Holy Concentration: The tooltip has been rewritten to
indicate that this talent reduces cast time rather than providing
Mind Flay - Fixed a bug with targeting where you would not
deal damage if not facing the target while channeling. Also corrected
an issue where the damage from this ability was slightly delayed.
Prayer of Mending: Will now only benefit from the healing talents of
the priest who cast the original spell.
Rapture: This talent will now correctly return mana for Power Word:
Shield based on the casterís mana poll instead of the targetís mana
Shadow Weaving: Shadow Word: Death: Will now only apply one copy of
this buff per cast.
Shadow Word: Pain now will gain the correct damage modifiers for the
creature type of the target.
Surge of Light: Prayer of Mending will no longer sometimes cause
Surge of Light to trigger on Priests who do not have that talent.
Twisted Faith: This talent will no longer sometimes cause Shadow
Word: Pain to fail due to a more powerful spell being in effect.
Envenom: The tooltip values have been corrected to be accurate.
Fan of Knives: All poisons will now trigger correctly when used with
Honor Among Thieves: The bug where stacking multiple rogues with this
talent caused them all to gain additional combo points has been
fixed. In addition, it no longer cancels eating and drinking if a
party member gains a critical strike while it is active.
Killing Spree: This ability no longer breaks stealth if it fails due
to all targets being out of range.
Mutilate: this ability will no longer give poisons on the off-hand
weapon two chances to be triggered.
Turn the Tables: This talent no longer generates threat when it
Chain Heal: This spell will now give an invalid target error message
if the primary target is a totem.
Earth Shield: Now correctly uses the Shamanís own spell critical
strike chance to determine the chance of a critical heal.
Elemental Shields was reducing flat physical damage, not a
percentage. Now properly reduced by a percentage.
Lava Lash - Fixed a bug which allowed you to use the ability
even if you had a shield in offhand. Now requires a 1hand axe, fist
or dagger to be able to be used. Bug #147699.
Fixed a bug where Thunderstorm (Elemental) was knocking back
15 yards, instead of 20. It should now roughly knockback the correct
length of 20 yards.
Magma Totem: Fixed a bug that capped the damage of this ability at
too low of a level.
Resistance Totems: Players will no longer see two copies of these
buffs when two shamans cast the totems simultaneously.
Spirit Walk: This Feral Spirit ability will now properly clear roots
and snares from the Shaman master.
Stoneclaw Totem: The tooltip has been revised to indicate the damage
absorb shield also works on the Stoneclaw Totem itself.
Warlock Pets: Some pets were not properly classified to receive
correct creature scaling for Wrath of the Lich King. Their health
and damage done will now be higher.
Corruption will now gain the correct damage modifiers for the
creature type of the target.
Create Healthstone: Attempting to create a healthstone when you
already have one no longer consumes mana or triggers the cooldown
of this ability.
Demonic Circle: Teleport: the button for this ability will now darken
when the Warlock is out of range of the Demonic Circle and will light
up when the Warlock is in range.
Demon Power Scaling: Spell power gained from spirit via the Fel Armor
ability will now properly affect the scaling of spell power and
attack power on summoned demons.
Drain Mana: This spell will no longer cancel when the targetís mana
poll is low or the casterís mana poll is full. It also now generates
a very small amount of threat instead of no threat.
Everlasting Affliction: Will now calculate correct damage values for
Corruption when it is refreshed in all cases.
Haunt: Will now gain correct damage modifiers for the creature type
of the target. In addition, this ability is now limited to a single
target as intended. This also now works properly when refreshed on
its current target.
Mana Feed: This talent will no longer sometimes fire for warlocks who
do not have the talent.
Master Conjuror: Tooltip revised to indicate it does not increase the
damage bonuses of Firestones or Spellstones.
Metamorphosis: The bonus armor effect from this ability will now
calculate properly and interact correctly with armor buffs and
Ritual of Doom: A Doomguard summoned with this spell will now scale
properly from its masterís stats.
Shadow Embrace: This ability will now create a separate debuff stack
for each Warlock with the talent, and each warlock will benefit
properly from his or her own debuff.
Soul Siphon: Will now gain the correct damage modifiers for the
creature type of the target.
Unstable Affliction: Will now gain the correct damage modifiers for
the creature type of the target.
Bladestorm: Fixed a bug where sometimes stuns and roots would not be
removed properly when this ability is used.
Damage Shield: Rank 1 of this ability now works properly.
Heroic Throw no longer triggers the snare from Mage Frost Armor.
The Wintergrasp Aura should now properly update in all instances,
transferring the buff when the zone control changes.
Arena: Dalaran Sewer: The Flush effect which pushes players out will
now also remove the ability to use Demonic Circles summoned during
the arena start time.
Idol of the Emerald Queen: This idol was providing greater healing
than implied by its tooltip. It has been reduced to correct value.
Glyph of Ambush: This glyph will now interact correctly with
Initiative when Ambush is used outside of combat range.
Glyph of Charge: The stun from Charge will now work properly when
Charge is used with the extra range from this glyph.
Glyph of Corpse Explosion: Additional explosions from this glyph
will no longer consume Unholy Runes.
Glyph of Rejuvenation: The heal from this glyph is now properly
considered a periodic heal.
Gronstalker Set: The Aspect of Viper bonus from this set has been
changed to work correctly with the redesigned Aspect of the Viper.
Mana Potions: Warriors and Death Knights now receive a correct error
message when attempting to use mana potions.
Scrolls: Buffs from scrolls can now only be overwritten by more
Soul Preserver: This item will now interact correctly with Desperate
Prayer, Lay on Hands, Riptide, and Wild Growth.
01-21-2009, 03:01 AM
woot, finally going to have this then tonite after maintenance day ! :) :)
01-21-2009, 04:56 AM
i downloaded the patch already at work.
So no delay downloading it at evening when 100000000 people do that^^
01-21-2009, 05:49 AM
Yep, cost me 3k armor.
01-21-2009, 10:20 AM
I gained 3K armor, lost a bit of dodge and health probably due to changes to those OP quest reward gloves. I still have lvl 70 rings and trinkets.
01-21-2009, 11:16 AM
/cry I haven't jumped into my feral set yet. I spent most of the evening logging in and disconnecting. Then I only had time to do some quick dailies.
I am gonna miss those gloves. :(
01-21-2009, 11:33 AM
hmm i seem to have gained some armour !
01-21-2009, 06:59 PM
Off topic, am I the only person who is sad they keep taking out class quests? I mean seriously, next you won't even have to do a quest to get bear form.
I actually...liked the aquatic form quest. And the epic flying form quest. Maybe I am just weird.
01-21-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm 50/50 on the epic flight form quest and thought the aquatic form quest was downright stupid (you just dinged 16, go run all over the world, most of which you have never been to, and collect something), but the bear quest was sort of fun.
Aquatic form was a little annoying for me... especially the bauble in the lake in Moonglade. I didn't mind the traveling so much (I was leveling with friends in the human areas, anyway), and actually kinda liked the fatigue race before they moved the chest in.
I guess it goes with their whole fast leveling thing... they want to speed people along to the newer content.
01-22-2009, 03:08 AM
They took out the Epic-Flight-Form quest cause u wont find ppl going heroic sethek with you.
BTW: i'm solo-farming the Anzu for the mount now. It's really fun to be capable of it.
01-22-2009, 03:27 AM
yeah the aquatic form quest was a pain, just annoying. seem to rememeber something was in a lake in the north barrens - sludge pits or something ?
although it was 4 yrs ago so the memory maybe a little hazy !
its a shame they took out the epic flight form quest. that was fun and you felt you deserved the outcome after doing it.
but i agree with s3 - whose gonna go do sethhek much ?
Can you solo Sethhek/Anzu now then ?
01-22-2009, 07:15 AM
Can you solo Sethhek/Anzu now then ?
yeah. takes me about 20-25 min to clear the trash and to down him :biggrin:
(with trash i mean: stealth to his room and kill the 5 trash-groups before summon him)
It always brings a big smile to me when i think about what a druid can solo!!
I did all icecrown group-quests alone(yep the 5-mans too), except the final boss in the arena. It was just to mana-intensive to down him. (if i could consume more than 1 mana-pot in a fight i would have downed him)
01-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Does the mount drop anymore? I thought, like the Bear mount in ZA, it no longer drops as of 3.0.
01-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Let me know if you see anywhere that it no longer drops, 'cause otherwise I have to spend a little quality time with Anzu...
After reading the strat of letting the eagle dps him down, I tried it over lunch and got him about 1/3 down before I had to log and go back to work. So it can be done. :-) but if he doesn't drop the mount anymore, there's not much reason for me to make the effort at 30-40 minutes per run, once a day.
01-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Might be in the 3.0 release notes?!?!
If he does drop it, I just might try it myself. I hate my Kodo.
01-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Gained about 6k armor. Tanking in Naxx is now a breeze... well sorta. :)
I like the changes, also the new weapons we got..
01-23-2009, 02:11 AM
After reading the strat of letting the eagle dps him down, I tried it over lunch and got him about 1/3 down before I had to log and go back to work. So it can be done. :-)
What strat do you mean?
Are u healer or feral?
My strat is:
Going bear and pew pew.
In the 6 seconds before birds are coming u can heal yourself up.
Thats it. Very simple. :grin:
01-23-2009, 03:04 AM
i've not seen or heard anything to suggest he wont drop the mount.
i thought the ZA Bear was a 'always get' if you completed it within the time ?? If so then that's the reason for its removal and would also make sense that Anzu still drops the mount - which is simply 1 of the possible loot items he can drop (on a very very very low percentage !)
01-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Resto. Sorry, should have clarified.
I looked up to see if there was any mention of the mount not dropping after 3.0. Couldn't find anything definitive either way, but I did stumble across this gem on Thottbot:
I just soloed Anzu as a level 80 restoration druid. I stealthed in to the instance to Anzu, touching no mobs. I then used the soothe animal ability on 'Cobalt Serpent', to get in range of orb to activate the boss fight. Once spawned, I stood in the position shown in the screenshot, then just used the 2 macro's which activated the Eagle Spirit (aoe damage) and Falcon Spirit (haste) with rejuvenation spell for the entire fight.
Doing this took 40 minutes to kill him without directly hitting him (The timer shown in screenshot was started at 50% health, finishing the fight at the 20min mark).
During this time Anzu never moved from his spawn spot, at 66% and 33% health, he did NOT banish and didn't call down the bird adds. Once I got him down to 5k health, I hit with star/moonfire to kill him (just incase i wouldn't get credit for the kill (Note: at that point he became aggro and attacked me)).
Unfortunately after this 40 minute effort, he didn't drop the mount.
The only thing to note is that the cobalt serpents are immune to soothe animal now (too high level) and hibernate. No big deal, at 80 they have to be practically on top of us to aggro. Just time it so that you activate the moonstone just after the cobalt serpent passes you on it's circuit around the stand.
I've tried it twice now, first time ran out of time and had to abandon, then last night got him down to 8k before I got impatient and tried to nuke him. Doh. That was 45 minutes wasted. He banished and summoned the swarm of adds at <1k, and, well, 1 dead tree. :-( I may wait until dual spec hits then take him out the old fashioned way as feral.
01-23-2009, 09:33 AM
It sounds like he doesn't clear the room? Just the serpent? What about the rest of the trash in the room?
Guess I need to check out the screenshot to see where he stands...
01-23-2009, 10:22 AM
It's pretty cool. If you stand in the location shown - off the point in the depression just behind and to the left of the summoning stand as you enter the room - nothing aggros you. You don't even need to clear the serpent, just time the summon so he's away from you, then back up to the spot shown. It's a little unnerving to stand in the middle of that room FULL of mobs and have them ignore you.
Oh, and the only mob I had notice me on the way in was one of the patrolling brown hawks - I was moving slow (stealthed) and he's one of the fast flyers, came up on me from behind before I could step aside, and aggro'ed as he flew directly over me.
That post is from the comments on thottbot for the Reins of the Raven Lord (or whatever they're called), about 3/4 of the way down. http://thottbot.com/v4277986 - direct link to that post.
I literally stealthed in, timed the summons, backed out of aggro range of the serpent (<10 yards probably) then stood there for 45 minutes popping rejuves on the falcon and eagle. On of the most boring things I've ever done, but it will be worth it if he drops the mount.
01-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Might be in the 3.0 release notes?!?!
If he does drop it, I just might try it myself. I hate my Kodo.
you could always raid the Alli cities for the [For the Horde] achievement, and get your Armored Blackbear. Or, if you have AV marks saved up, you can turn in 40 of them for your Frostwolf Howler.
Now that Mounts don't take up bagspace, (and this thread has been completely derailed :grin: ) I've started a little collection. I think I'm almost up to 15. And yea, i think I'm gonna have to have a little reunion with Anzu and show her how much this bear has grown lol
01-23-2009, 11:57 AM
you could always raid the Alli cities for the [For the Horde] achievement, and get your Armored BlackbearIf I wasn't so lazy, I would have bought the Raptor mount. Taurens on the Raptor mount look so cool. Even though they have to dismount to go thru any archway...lol
01-23-2009, 05:55 PM
lol. Yup. Same with anyone on the black war mammoth mount. Can't fit through any doorway.
01-24-2009, 06:10 AM
yeah a Tauren on Anzu cant get through anywhere either and it annoys the heck out of me !!!
hmm yeah i forgot about the removal of racial mount stuff. i might need to check out where to buy some more mounts !
vBulletin v3.5.4, Copyright ©2000-2010, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.