View Full Forums : ToC progress check
09-03-2009, 01:04 PM
So how's everyone doing in ToC?
Champions of the Alliance were difficult to figure out, and have taken a couple tries when we encounter a new comp. So far, we've concluded that when we get the pally, he's always first on the kill order. Last night we got Shammy, Druid, Rogue, Priest, Lock, Mage and i remember correctly, we went shammy>druid>priest>mage>rogue>lock.
We second-shot Anub last night in 10 man. Pretty easy fight with 2 healers. We had a resto shammy and a resto druid. P3 is pretty tricky, and i died RIGHT before i was gonna inervate the shammy, and we hit the 10 minute enrage timer. Shammy was OOM and we were decimeted one after the other. Second try, we dps'd a little harder, our hunter was better at getting orbs down for the penetrating frost AND dps'ing the boss, and i kept a closer eye on the shammy's mana bar. I inervated him at 33% mana, and we were on cruise control form there.
We're going for 10 man heroic mode tonight.
09-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Killed The Black Knight a few times so far ::thumbup:
09-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Well... we tried heroic 10 man last night and the only word that springs readily to mind is: failboat.
We didn't make it past the Beasts of Northrend... hell, we didn't even make it past Gornok the Impaler. he hits a LOT harder on heroic, AND 3 minutes into the fight, even if he's not down, Acidmaw and Dreadscale still come out. Our best attempt ended at 3:15.
It's blatantly obvious that we're undergeared (all of us) for 10 man heroic at this point. It's a dps race from the start. I shudder to think how much harder the Champions of the Alliance are hitting :(
09-04-2009, 05:05 PM
TOC 10 is really easy, TOC 25 is a little more difficult for faction champs but easy overall if you dont have a bunch of fail people in your raid. I pug everything so we dont make it past faction champs sometimes. Hard to get 25 people who dont know each other working together.
Heroic 10 and 25 on the other hand is a different story and most likely not going to be pugable for a while. Here is the difference in the fights on hardmode thx to tankspot;
On Gormok the Impaller:
- Impale hits MUCH harder (150% weapon damage instead of 100% weapon). Also the dot is ticking for 80% more damage than normal 25 and lasts 5 seconds longer. You can only let the debuff stack to 2 before a switch so you'll need 3 tanks. It also means you get 2 tanks sitting there with a massive DoT while a 3rd takes direct damage and a DoT. Even only stacking 2 debuffs in heroic mode, it will do more damage than a 3-stack in normal mode.
- Snobolds increase his damage by 15% each time they go out, and he has 5 to throw. The direct hit from Impale will be hitting for 35k at the end (after mitigation), and the dots will be ticking for huge amounts of damage. You'll want to start using abilities to remove the DoT after the 2nd round of tanks, and also have tanks using cooldowns while they are on the boss towards the end.
On Acidmaw and Dreadscale:
- The stationary Jormungar is going to own the raid if people aren't spread out. The acid will do about 5k every 2 seconds. If 1-2 people have it, it's healable. But if 5 people are grouped up and get it, healers are going to struggle keeping them up along with the tanks. The burn debuff is really an issue though, because multiple people in the raid with it are going to blow each other up. Burning Bile is 9k damage every 2 seconds to anyone within 10 yards. That is instant death for the raid if even a few people get this.
- Enrage: You could kill them kind of far apart in normal 25, but in heroic if one enrages I don't think you'll be able to heal through it. They need to go down together.
- Everyone HAS to spread out for his arctic breath. Normal 25 it did 20k damage over 5 seconds.. not enough to kill a raid member. In heroic it does 30k damage over 5 seconds. If more than a few people get hit with this, a few of them will die. Healers especially need to be spread apart, since multiple healers getting stunned for that spell will kill the raid.
Edit: The fights are timed so you can be facing gormok and the jormongs at the same time. Also on icehowl you no longer have a run speed bonus after stun so you have to know exactly where you are going.
-New spell The Touch of Jaraxxus inflicts 3900 to 4100 Shadow damage for 12 sec and causes nearby players to be effected by Curse of the Nether. An Aoe dot, spread out, may be able to be decursed.
-New spell Mistress' Kiss Next spell with a cast time interrupts that school for 8 sec and causes 8288 to 8712 Shadow damage.
-Incinerate Flesh increased to 85k healing instead of 60k.
-Buring Inferno (the raid wide AoE caused by healers not keeping up with Incinerate Flesh) now ticks for 8k per second for 5 seconds, so its a wipe if the healers are not quick enough.
-Mistress of Pain's Pain Spike now does 100% of a targets health over time.
-The fire from Legion flame now ticks for 12k.
Edit: The portals and volcano's are now enemies and will keep putting out mistresses or infernals until they are killed.
-New spell Touch of Ligh/Dark The Val'kyr's Light touch has affected you, inflicting 4388 to 4612 Light damage to players under the effect of Dark Essence every 1 sec. The Touch of Light will not harm targets with the same attributes as it.
-New spell Surge of Light/Dark Pulsing a Surge of Light Inflicting 1500 damage every 2 sec to Dark enemies.
-Shield health increased from 700k to 1.2 million.
-Leeching swarm ticks for 20% of health as opposed to 10% per second.
-New add Nerubian Ice Darter.
edit: There are only 6 permafrost to work with the whole fight. Once they are gone you have no more.
Most of these fights are a dps/ heal check now. Looks like you need 5k-7kdps overall (ave of all dps in raid) in the fights now on hardmode.
vBulletin v3.5.4, Copyright ©2000-2010, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.