Tea Party v. Constitution

The Druids Grove combined Off Topic Forum. Politics, science, random oddities - discuss them all here. - Low Moderation
erianaiel

Re: Tea Party v. Constitution

Post by erianaiel »

Tudamorf wrote:
erianaiel wrote:You really do not see any colour between black and white, do you?
If a person is forced to work for another person and isn't allowed to seek better employment (not "can't get as a result of circumstances," but just "isn't allowed"), what would you call it?

I'd call it slavery.
Thank you for proving my point

Eri
Fyyr

Re: Tea Party v. Constitution

Post by Fyyr »

erianaiel wrote:
Tudamorf wrote:
erianaiel wrote:You really do not see any colour between black and white, do you?
If a person is forced to work for another person and isn't allowed to seek better employment (not "can't get as a result of circumstances," but just "isn't allowed"), what would you call it?

I'd call it slavery.
Thank you for proving my point

Eri
What point?

Tudamorf is correct.

Steve Jobs is a perfect example. His example, but mine as well.
Jobs sees the world differently than most other humans. He and the other Steve built the first Apple in a garage. He is not elite.

He got fired from Apple.

He started a company which made a computer, which made the very fucking first webserver. The WWW was invented on a Next computer.

Apple floundered.

Apple brought Jobs back. And look what you have now. Jobs has changed the entire landscape of computers, the internet, and telephony as we know/knew it. And has inspired other companies to try and keep up. He has changed people's lifestyles.

I don't care how much he makes, he is underpaid as far as I am concerned. If my iPhone is still 200 bucks, I don't care if he makes a trillion dollars a year. My first walkie talkie style Motorola hand held cell phone cost me 1200(discounted from 2000). 200 is not bad.

He obviously has something that no one else had or has, no one else at Apple or the entire computer industry. He should be compensated for that. If anything, Tudamorf's point is proven. Not yours.