Fox news through history

The Druids Grove combined Off Topic Forum. Politics, science, random oddities - discuss them all here. - Low Moderation
Zute

Fox news through history

Post by Zute »

Formerly known as Panamah
AbyssalMage

Re: Fox news through history

Post by AbyssalMage »

I was lauphing until I realized, this is the kind of crap they put on the TV now, it lost all its humor then. I guess its true that you can "put a 'spin' on anything." Kinda how you watch "Thank you for Smoking" and lauph and have a great time throughout the movie, only to realize it was based on fact.....scary!
januraxy

Post by januraxy »

How is Fox news channel 1st in the ratings? According to the polls, avery small percentage of Americans identify themselves as Republicans, much less as "right wingers". So how can it be that Fox News leads in the TV ratings?
Last edited by januraxy on Sat May 07, 2011 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fyyr

Post by Fyyr »

Independents(in addition to Conservatives) watch Fox for balance to the other 15 or so major Liberal television outlets.

And it's all funneled into one channel, not spread out over 15(not including paper and magazine). Like the Liberal media.

Drudge is probably the only other Conservative blog outlet. Which is canceled out by Huffington. Which leaves Salon at least. As a 1 to 2 ratio.
AbyssalMage

Post by AbyssalMage »

januraxy wrote:How is Fox news channel 1st in the ratings? According to the polls, avery small percentage of Americans identify themselves as Republicans, much less as "right wingers". So how can it be that Fox News leads in the TV ratings?
Because Fox tells you what to think, its that simple really. Most people don't have time to take information in, digest it, compare it to facts, and then form their own opinion. Most Americans are Lemmings (My opinion) and that is what Fox (and the conservative party) is counting on. The other thing they are really good at doing is ommiting information, so if you try to form your own opinion, you can't because you don't have all the information so you come to bad conclusions. Thats what the OP was pointing fun at. This is the kind of crap Fox "news" pulls on a daily basis.
Fyyr wrote:Independents(in addition to Conservatives) watch Fox for balance to the other 15 or so major Liberal television outlets.
There is nothing balanced about Fox "news" reporting. The original OP makes fun of their "balanced" approach.
And it's all funneled into one channel, not spread out over 15(not including paper and magazine). Like the Liberal media.
Conservative own more media outlets than liberals, (Unconfirmed 9:1 ratio) but I would be glad for you to prove me wrong.
Drudge is probably the only other Conservative blog outlet. Which is canceled out by Huffington. Which leaves Salon at least. As a 1 to 2 ratio.
Can think of A LOT MORE as far as BLOGS go, but I don't consider BLOGS a source of "news" so this point is moot.
Tudamorf

Post by Tudamorf »

AbyssalMage wrote:Most Americans are Lemmings (My opinion)
Take that back. That's an insult to lemmings everywhere.
AbyssalMage

Post by AbyssalMage »

Tudamorf wrote:
AbyssalMage wrote:Most Americans are Lemmings (My opinion)
Take that back. That's an insult to lemmings everywhere.
:lol:
Fyyr

Post by Fyyr »

AbyssalMage wrote:
Because Fox tells you what to think, its that simple really.
So does CNN. Now that is balance. Oh, MSNBC CNBC does too. Headline News does too. AP, Reuters. LA Times, NY Times, SF Chronicle, Washington Post, CHI Sun Times. The Atlantic, The Nation. Etc, out of balance.

There is nothing balanced about Fox "news" reporting. The original OP makes fun of their "balanced" approach.
Nothing balanced about CNN either. Fox and CNN balance each other, even steven. The rest of the Liberal media tips the scales to the left.
Conservative own more media outlets than liberals, (Unconfirmed 9:1 ratio) but I would be glad for you to prove me wrong.
Really? Wall Street Journal. Christian Science Monitor. What else do you have?
Can think of A LOT MORE as far as BLOGS go, but I don't consider BLOGS a source of "news" so this point is moot.
I have a low esteem of Blogs too. But unfortunately they frequently report the news which CNN, MSNBC, ABCNews, HLN, CBSNews, et al let slide. Liberal media(and they had the story) would not run the Lewinsky story until after Drudge posted it first. If Blogs break or report viable news stories, then they qualify as media whether we like it or not.

Honestly, I would probably put NPR right down the middle on the tip of the fulcrum.