Hmmm,

The Druids Grove combined Off Topic Forum. Politics, science, random oddities - discuss them all here. - Low Moderation
Fyyr

Hmmm,

Post by Fyyr »

Well, since the move some things have become apparent.

This is the only forum that has any business left. The owners of this site were so gracious to even leave it open for us 20 or 30 Former Druid Off Topicans, UnKempt Druids, to even continue to post still. Just look at the posts and the views.

I am sure that half the former Druid audience of this forum were just too apathetic to re-register with the move and software change.

This forum IS what is left of the former Druids Grove.
The only thing left in all of the other forums are dried up leaves left over by some lost runic'ed scimitar.
AbyssalMage

Re: Hmmm,

Post by AbyssalMage »

Sad but true, the class as a whole is dead except to raid. Been that way for awhile. At least on some boards there are heated debates about the direction a class is going or the spells and abilities they receive each expansion. Here's to the few who pushed their agenda and then left the game and to the rest of us who were "compliant" and stayed.
Palarran

Post by Palarran »

Damage-oriented druids may be dead (and have been for many years) but I disagree with the class being dead. I just think we've finally reached a point where all priests can fulfill the role of primary healer. Sure, the heal-vs-damage debates that largely defined our class in the heyday of TDG are long over, but those of us who saw druids as healers first and foremost are still around. There just isn't as much to say.
Tudamorf

Post by Tudamorf »

Even before the move, the other forums hadn't had traffic in ages.

Most EQ fan sites are dead or nearly so, except for Allakhazam's, Rasper's, and the official Sony forums.

I guess we're entertaining enough to justify keeping the forum up and running.
Klath

Post by Klath »

Most EQ fan sites are dead or nearly so, except for Allakhazam's, Rasper's, and the official Sony forums.
While it's not exactly a fan site, the Project 1999 forums are getting traffic. If you're not familiar with Project 1999, it's an emulator site where they've tried to recreate EQ circa 1999 from original zones, game mechanics, and itemization to the progression/expansion/nerf timeline. A friend of mine managed to talk me into playing a character there and I was surprised at how much fun it was despite all the limitations and quirks of original EQ.

As emulator servers go it's a fairly busy one and usually has about 600 people on in the evenings. It's cool seeing people hanging out in the EC tunnel peddling their wares again.

It's easy and free to set up an account -- if you have any interest in checking it out: http://www.project1999.org/
Yrys
TDG Admin
TDG Admin

Post by Yrys »

I gave EQMac a whirl myself a while back. Not quite as classic as the original game -- it has expansions up to PoP -- but still was very nostalgic (and reminded me how tedious original EQ was :lol: ). The community was nice; small but friendly.
Fyyr

Post by Fyyr »

Klath wrote:
While it's not exactly a fan site, the Project 1999 forums are getting traffic. If you're not familiar with Project 1999, it's an emulator site where they've tried to recreate EQ circa 1999 from original zones, game mechanics, and itemization to the progression/expansion/nerf timeline. A friend of mine managed to talk me into playing a character there and I was surprised at how much fun it was despite all the limitations and quirks of original EQ.

As emulator servers go it's a fairly busy one and usually has about 600 people on in the evenings. It's cool seeing people hanging out in the EC tunnel peddling their wares again.

It's easy and free to set up an account -- if you have any interest in checking it out: http://www.project1999.org/
Did they have the little 600 by 400 window to look into?
Klath

Post by Klath »

Fyyr wrote:Did they have the little 600 by 400 window to look into?
No, fortunately. Most people use the Titanium release client which supports custom UIs. People were talking about using earlier clients that forced you to meditate with your spellbook eclipsing your view but I wasn't interested in it so I never followed their progress.
Klath

Post by Klath »

Yrys wrote:I gave EQMac a whirl myself a while back. Not quite as classic as the original game -- it has expansions up to PoP -- but still was very nostalgic (and reminded me how tedious original EQ was :lol: ). The community was nice; small but friendly.
Yeah, I tried playing a druid on the P1999 server and quickly got sick of constantly having to meditate. I started over as a necro and that has worked out much better.