Zuckerberg still thinks were are all assholes

The Druids Grove combined Off Topic Forum. Politics, science, random oddities - discuss them all here. - Low Moderation
Fyyr

Zuckerberg still thinks were are all assholes

Post by Fyyr »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/ ... eedfetcher

Ok, He introduces a few 100 Billion dollars worth shares. But holds onto at least 51% of them for himself, and a large fraction go to lackies in the company.

So they only raise 16 Billion. Not 100 Billion like all the press has been stating for months.

Isn't this kind of like a big shill game? Well, at least its public now, so everyone can see the income and loss statements. But I wonder how many years it will take for the investors to get 16 Billion of profit out of the company. I wonder how long it will be before they make 16 Billion gross, actually.
in which the company expressed caution about revenue growth due to a rapid shift by users to mobile devices. Mobile advertising to date is less lucrative than advertising on a desktop
I don't seen any ads on my iPhone FB app. And adblocked the ads on my computer(Firefox).

How are they to make revenue off of ads, if users don't see the ads?

Now, I understand that they will use the money for other uses. For example, Google used investor money not to improve their search engine, but to develop other things such operating systems for cells phones. And to develop other apps, think Google Earth(which they bought years ago, I forget the company name at this time).

For those of you assholes who invested, good luck. I don't see how a company that produces nor sells any product can produce a profit; it looks like some Maddow shell/shill scheme to me. How FaceBook is worth more than NBC, Disney, and GM combined....you got me.
Fyyr

Re: Zuckerberg still thinks were are all assholes

Post by Fyyr »

Tudamorf

Post by Tudamorf »

Fyyr wrote:How are they to make revenue off of ads, if users don't see the ads?
Don't worry, they'll eventually stuff annoying adds onto your mobile app too. And when that fails, they'll sell off to the highest bidder all of the personal information about you, that you've freely given them.

It's the users who are the real fools; they don't get that they're the product, not the customer.
AbyssalMage

Post by AbyssalMage »

Tudamorf wrote:
Fyyr wrote:How are they to make revenue off of ads, if users don't see the ads?
Don't worry, they'll eventually stuff annoying adds onto your mobile app too. And when that fails, they'll sell off to the highest bidder all of the personal information about you, that you've freely given them.

It's the users who are the real fools; they don't get that they're the product, not the customer.
Yeah, my guess is they sell your personal information to make their revenue. As long as they "bundle" it and remove "any traceable elements" they should be able to skirt the law like Google and every company that has copied their (Google's) business model.
Zute

Post by Zute »

I can't see paying for a stock that's inflated at 100x it's actual value. Real tech companies trade at about 10-12x actual value. I guess they're betting that the value will increase that much.

I don't use Facebook. Too spammy. I like Google+ better. Maybe FB is better these days, but back when I was comparing the two, G+ won.
Formerly known as Panamah