Ireland is Republican Land

The Druids Grove combined Off Topic Forum. Politics, science, random oddities - discuss them all here. - Low Moderation
Zute

Ireland is Republican Land

Post by Zute »

Formerly known as Panamah
AbyssalMage

Re: Ireland is Republican Land

Post by AbyssalMage »

But what are the taxes in Ireland. I love bashing Republican's but only when it's due. Europe in general has high taxes so my condemnation or support of Paul would be dependent on that. I.e. If they have low taxes already (30% or lower) then I would support Paul but if they are like the rest of Europe and have taxes near the 50% mark, then I wouldn't agree with him. I'm fine with are tax system at 35% or lower.
Zute

Post by Zute »

Corporation tax in the Republic of Ireland is a levy on a company’s profits. The tax is charged on both a company's income and chargeable gains. The corporation tax in Ireland is quite low, and is often cited as an example of tax competition, as it is used as an incentive for foreign companies to invest in the state.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporatio ... of_Ireland

Their personal tax rate is pretty low too.

Zute

Post by Zute »

Also, Paul Krugman isn't just some random guy. He's a random guy with a very nice beard. He won a Nobel Prize for his beard, or something.
Paul Robin Krugman ( /ˈkruːɡmən/;[6] born February 28, 1953) is an American economist, Professor of Economics and International Affairs at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University, Centenary Professor at the London School of Economics, and an op-ed columnist for The New York Times.[7][8] In 2008, Krugman won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences for his contributions to New Trade Theory and New Economic Geography. According to the prize Committee, the prize was given for Krugman's work explaining the patterns of international trade and the geographic concentration of wealth, by examining the effects of economies of scale and of consumer preferences for diverse goods and services.[9]
AbyssalMage

Post by AbyssalMage »

Thanks Zute. Yeah, didn't like Romney a whole lot before. No wonder Massachusetts had a poor economy during his tenure and education took a nose dive. But I guess if you have the $$$ you can make anyone believe the opposite. And some people will believe anything you say as long as you tell them it with a smile and you have a "R" next to your name.