returning player, want some old school plat?

Quest, Epics, Exp camp spots, walkthroughs, spoilers, and PvP discussions.
Mallorn

returning player, want some old school plat?

Post by Mallorn »

When I returned I luckily had a couple thousand plat on my character, but it sounds like plenty don't have that. An experience I had that was both profitable and fun to re-live was hill giant hunting. Those big guys often dropped 20-50pp and weapons/gems that sold for a few. I hunted the crap out of them back in the day, and if you have all of your druid ports from the old days, and tracking maxed, it is pretty easy. Hop over to ring of commons, there is one spawn on tracking to the NW. Ring of Karana used to have them as you wandered the northern road, though I haven't had good luck hitting them here just from the ring. Best luck so far has been to go to ferrott and zone to Rathe mountains, in the roughly NE region of the zone there is a paladin outpost and at least 4 hill giant spawns there. They have about 2K hps, quick to drop greys when you are 50+, and can give you a little spending money.

UPDATE: Sands Giants in South Ro are the best spawns for cash. Take the Ring to Ro and in the middle of the zone are a dozen or more sand giants.

When I returned I was lvl 52 and my gear, which I slaved over back in the day, is crap. I used most of my money just to grab the few spells I needed and started hunting for cash. Plane of Disease was insane exp but not much money. Finally I found blackfeather roost around upper 50's to low 60's, and those have tons of valuable vendor trash. Stick with it, the cash will start flowing again, even on a silver account!
Last edited by Mallorn on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mallorn

Re: returning player, want some old school plat?

Post by Mallorn »

This applied well to me when I returned, low 50's without any gear. At higher levels, there are other options as well. For instance, gnolls in The Steppes drop plat levels like hill giants and have lots of other drops to boot. At lvl 71 there are a lot of them that are light blue, which should be easy enough to solo without a merc, which would be pure profit and give you exp. There are a ton of spawns as well. If I need cash at lvl 71 this is the first place I usually turn.

Any other good platinum spots, and at what level?
Isifhan

Post by Isifhan »

If you need some fast and easy pp, hunting spell drops off of go to seb and kill off the juggs. The spells sell for vendor cash between 40-60pp. Mobs are quick to bring down and you can clear 2k in pp in one clearing of the juggs if you go all the way to traks lair.
Mallorn

Post by Mallorn »

Field of scale has red conning mobs that con as "being weak." That they are, and very managable for you at lvl 75, but beware roaming mobs that con true red and will destroy you. However, the drops in this zone sell for a ton of cash to vendors. If you are willing to watch over your shoulder this zone seems to be great cash, and should give experience from lvl 75-85+.