J5 Merc

Quest, Epics, Exp camp spots, walkthroughs, spoilers, and PvP discussions.
Mallorn

J5 Merc

Post by Mallorn »

So, I use a merc and want my J5 merc as soon as I can. I suspect most druids will be in the same boat, so here is as good a place as any to collect information on how to unlock them.

In short you must complete the Rathe Theme in Seeds of Destruction. Details are linked below (Rasper's). The short story is that to unlock the ability to hire a J5 merc you must complete the Rathe Theme series of quests; luckily you do not need to complete the earlier Seeds of Destruction themes, though those do unlock the J2-J4 mercs.

http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guide ... ssion.html

It appears that you can initiate the quests at low as lvl 75 (or maybe lower?), but it is designed for players in their 80's and you will need a DPS group of lvl 80's to complete the last mission.

Post details and tips if you have them, and I'll keep everyone posted as I start to tackle this in the coming weeks.
tatankawd

Re: J5 Merc

Post by tatankawd »

If we work on this together, I'm sure we could knock it out pretty easy. Let me know if you want to team up :)

Tat
Tatanka Wolfdancer <Inisfree>, 87th Druid of Tunare
Anaceup Mysleeves, 85th Mage
Snookims Whinslow, 85th Enchanter
Mallorn

Re: J5 Merc

Post by Mallorn »

Oh don't you worry Tatanka, I was expecting to work with you to pull this off! In fact, I was researching what would be involved, which I have done at least twice now, and I figured I would post a summary here for anyone else that needs the info. It will also linger here in case I need to jar my memory over the coming weeks. :)

I'm going to hit lvl 79 tonight and hope to have lvl 80 this weekend, where I plan to hold on for quite a while to upgrade gear and get AA's. At some point in that lvl 80 range I'm going to start scouting this one out, and will gladly drop you a tell. I was just hoping to have at least a slight idea of what I was doing so I didn't get our group killed. :P