Plane of Fire, level 65-75

Quest, Epics, Exp camp spots, walkthroughs, spoilers, and PvP discussions.
Bluebird

Plane of Fire, level 65-75

Post by Bluebird »

Repost from Keldorn on the old druid board.
----------------------------
im sure there is other posts hehe (i know, cause if answered this before) but im to lazy to find it right now...

the most unique aspect of Fire is that unlike any of the other 3 EP's in fire, only rares/named mobs summon...making this a kiters haven

in fire there are 4 main areas to be aware of

Field 1
Fort
Field 2
Castle

each server may have diffrent names, but no matter...

field 1 is the area from zone in, to the Fort wall...including the jopal island - this area has the weaker mobs inthe zone, and 5 rares (3 in the field, 2 on the island) - drops include FT3 belt, caster range, BL pet proc weapon, Warrior pet proc weapon, Knight mace

this area is usualy exclusive to people farming items..not EXP - people wanting the rares, or the spider stuff for Grimmel quest

while mobs in this area are generaly weaker than the others, random mobs are flagged unsnareable - so be carful...always keep in mind that the tree in the GY is the zone out...if you cant handle your pull...hug a tree!

Fort - this is the area from the big wall (you have to climb to the top of the zone to get over it...takes some pratice) to the bridge - there are 5 rare mobs here, sharing the same loot table- Pally pet weapon, melee shield, plate range, drop here

the mobs in this area have a VERY small agro/assist radius...so single pulling is very very easy, you can pretty much single pull all 5 rare PH to twin prep with little trouble..

the area between the fort and bridge (commonly refered to as Twin prep) makes for a nice kiting spot..nice flat ground and good room to manuver if the the raid mobs arnt up - this area is used for killing the raid mobs usualy, because there are no worries of respawns and such

there are 3 raid mobs in the Fort area, Twins, who guard the bridge (giant fire birds) and Druv, who is in the fort itself

Field 2 - this is the area between the bridge and the castle...this has like 4 rares i think, drops haste cloak, and another melee range, and something else...i forget

mobs here are higher lvl than field one, but everything is snareable...so no worries about that - but, be ware of the horses, they occasionaly see camo

this is also where the majority of the raid mobs live..and wander around..so be carful when passing through

Castle - the castle has primarly 3 parts to it...the main area, inside the walls, Tables, where most of the kiting takes place, and Fennin highway, a long stretch of road that leads to Fennin Ro's Throne - 3 rares inhere, drops a regen2 ring, and some other crappy stuff

this is where the majority of exping takes place - most people kite inteh Tables area, because of the large amount of room..but with the new lvls aa/gear..its accualy faster/better exp to bring a tank and just do regular grouping than kiting....but still a decent place to solo - like fort, thie mobs here have a super low agro/assist raidus...so single pulling is very easy - just be carful, the MR on the mobs is high enought that it may take 2-3 snare attempts on avrage to get a mob snared - and i wouldnt suggest quad kiting here w/o an enc to tash - sucks to burn all that man on 4 resists hehe
Bluebird

Re: Plane of Fire, level 65-75

Post by Bluebird »

Repost from Welas on the old druid board.
-----------------------------------
For exping, Tables is the place.

To get there, follow the right zone wall (be as high as you can get on the wall) until you see the wall to the first fort. Lev over to the top of the fort wall (invis!). Down downstairs and out the back of the fort. Stay VERY close to the fort wall (the charm birds have a large aggro radius) and go all the way to the right zone wall again. Keep following it until you get close to castle 2 (C2 on Trib). Some of the horses in the field will see invis so con before getting too close. Go to the front of the castle by the large rock just in front of the door. All of the guards outside and in the castle see invis but have a very small aggro radius. You can run in the front door and go to the tables without trouble as long as you don't get too close to them. Just stay in the middle of the path.

Unless you are very well geared I would suggest sticking with single pulls if solo. Since the mobs have a high MR, I pull with Mire thorns (lvl 61 DoN merchant purchasable, almost never resists) then overwrite it with Ensnare. Proceed to kill your mob. If you have a friend or two with you that can AE you may try quadding them, but be prepared to die a few times while getting the hang of it. If you have a group with a lot of DPS, it can be faster just to pull singles and kill them quickly. A druid in my guild likes to pull 10 or so mobs at a time and kite them while we /assist him. XP flies while doing this!

Oh yeah. Stay away from the big red guy in the doorway. (guardian of doomfire). Thats the trigger for the Fennin Ro event and he will splat you quickly if you get too close.
Bluebird

Post by Bluebird »

Repost from Laldayen on the old druid board.
----------------------------
It's easily quaddable. Just use Tempest Wind instead of Karana's Rage, and be sure to Glacier Breath each mob before you start nuking.
Bluebird

Post by Bluebird »

Repost from Lokiphyre on the old druid board.
-------------------------
If you have your level 70 charm : Nature's Beckon

You can charm the spider's at zi I thought that was fun when I first got the spell
Mallorn

Post by Mallorn »

The zone is Doomfire, for anyone else as sluggish as myself in figuring out where the heck it is. :)

lvl 68 all of the mobs at the zone-in in field 1 con dark blue. As previously noted mobs hit much harder; dark blue cons in the steppes work through my J1 tank merc, but an add in pofire isn't that big of a deal. Lots of spawns and decent drops make this a sweet looking spot. Rotting with merc support was how I broke in the area, may switch it over to dropping the merc for the extra xp and simply rotting/kiting near the lava river that separates Field 1 from the fort.

Update: entry "camp" spawns turn light blue at levels 69-70. The first fort is much better experience anyways, the wizard casters are the weakests, soldiers are tough but managable with a merc. The chaplains are managable but heal themselves, a royal pain, so I avoided them mostly.

By lvl 71 I was exclusively in fort 2. The mobs are the same as fort 1, very low aggro (within a few feet) so you can pull wizard spawns around the fort pretty easily, as well as soldiers. With lesson of the day each kill gives me like 95+% of an AA, raked in 14 in my first full session. I'm a big fan of cold resist/AC debuff and using our cold nuke with fernspur 2-3 times on my merc tank so they keep aggro. Battles go quick but so does mana, this is the first time in a while I have had to med, usually after about 2-3 mobs.
Mallorn

Post by Mallorn »

In 2012, the bulk of the action in fort 2 involves rangers (usually lvl 81-83 range) cleaning out the entire camp for xp. Several times I have seen people doing this, or had people camp check me.

Last night I was lucky enough to meet a nice ranger that let me group with him, I tossed a heal now and then and tried to keep up by snaring/rooting mobs to help with pulling. Since he gave me a lot of exp I gladly gave him all of the diamonds we looted in return. Sure was a fun way to change up an old hunting ground! When someone asks for a camp check, it is worth seeing if they will group.
Mallorn

Post by Mallorn »

I want to write to emphasize this zone, particularly fort 2, for level 71+. To get exp for my time nothing comes close to this spot, and apparently they are deep blue to lvl 73, and light blue to 81 or above. I can hunt in the steppes, icefall glacier, direwind cliffes and others, and I can get exp and drops at those locations and others, but my exp rate is much faster here.

If you are level 71, you need to try this spot! Run there now, stop browsing on forums and get that exp that is waiting for the taking!