The Grey, level 54-58

Quest, Epics, Exp camp spots, walkthroughs, spoilers, and PvP discussions.
Bluebird

The Grey, level 54-58

Post by Bluebird »

Repost from an old druid board.
----------------
From Sevantez:
The Grey offers some of the easy qual-kitting you've ever done.

The zone has no air so, you pretend you are in kedge keep.

Enter the zone from either Scarlet Desert or Mons Lethalis. Scarlet zone is on the East side of the zone Mons on the south side. In the very center is the
Ssraeshaz Temple. In the NW of the zone is a small lake with some higher level Undead standing around waiting to be dead-undead (does that make them living?).

If you enter from Scarlet Desert Evac. This will take you to the Mons Lethalis zone. I recommend zoning into Mons Lethalis to bind as it might get messy if you died AFK with no air in The Grey.

The area directly in front of the Mons Lethalis zone belongs to you. The stuff here hardly ever assists and the range is small for one to jump you. If you do get hit by a rock thingie, just root it and go on about your business.

Start by grabbing 4 Timeless Golem, Shissar Stalker, or there are 4 static (quick re-spawn) Iksar Slave at a small idol, just over a small rise NE of the Mons zone.

Immediately to the west of the Mons Lethalis is your quading zone. A nice valley absolutely no roamers.

Grab 4 things, take them over here and kill them.

If you trip a sand trap and some of the pesky sand worms appear, just Evac. The Evac point is within a few feet of where you are working and the worms will usually de-spawn. Plus the mobs you've been quading, will be standing where you left them.

This is a very nice place for some calm leveling and it even has an experience modifer.

*** Try this for something new.... grab any mob, ensnare, then root. Now just sit and apply Droon of Doom from your Elder Spiritist's Vambraces. The mob is dead in about 8 minutes with you only reapplying root and keeping DoD refreshed. You can actually med to full doing this. One I had six mobs parked like this.
Bluebird

Re: The Grey, level 54-58

Post by Bluebird »

Respost from an old druid board.
-------------------------
From Kalevalatar:
I remember hunting in Grey still at level 57-58 when exp was still good but also pulling and killing became considerable easier (also got our new quad spell, Fist of Karana at level 5 . Not quite sure what minimum level l would be, perhaps around 54. Lower level that that, you might have troubles sticking snares and landing nukes. Or am I thinking too much of Elysians? They still haunt me!

I did both quadding, normal kiting plus root/DoTing, depending how lazy I was feeling