Tribute

Spells and alternate advancement abilities discussion.
Mallorn

Tribute

Post by Mallorn »

Tribute, like so many things, seems to be a way to increase your power at a cost of "tribute", a type of currency you get by either donating platinum or certain items at a tribute NPC. You can select effects you want from that NPC, and when in the field you can turn them on and off as you go. You use all of them at once or none of them, when you turn on you pay for 10 minutes and when you shut it off you lose the remaining time but the effects and cost stop.

Seems many items can be bought at bazaar that give 5 or more tribute per platinum which is the way to go. Some effects decrease mana usage, increase spell damage, increase heal power, and many others.

Anyone use them? What do you use when, and at what level?
Mallorn

Re: Tribute

Post by Mallorn »

Well, primordial driftwood bow, if I got the name accurate, gives 50K tribute and were selling for 4k on Tunare. I was playing around with tribute a bit, and it is PRICY, but very helpful. Effects I experimented with (at rank 5) were mana preservation, increase spell damage, increase heal, and increase range. I ended up dropping increase range and bumped the other three up to rank 6. At ~162 tribute it is expensive, but a nice option. For instance, I am lvl 71 with maybe 400 AA's in pofire, and with VoP (high level KEI), mount, and tribute up, I was casting my cold DD and my mana was regenerating almost at the same pace as my casting; I was going 8+ kills without stopping, and an add or two isn't unmanageable, and the named lvl 70's were not that hard as singles. For me, I had embers on my merc as well, and with lesson of the day I think I cranked out in the ballpark of 20+ AA's in 30 minutes.

Take home message, if I had a lot of good buffs and lessons of the day, in a good exp spot, tribute really bumps my performance. If I was grouping and needed the boost, and could justify the cost, I would use it in a heartbeat. I kind of dislike that you can't "pause" the effect, when you deactivate you lose the remaining time you "paid" for, so I try to get as much of my 10 minute increment's worth, and may just get to where I start it ~30 seconds after I start lessons so that buff can remind me to turn it off, etc.