Relevent quests in 2013

Discussions about equipment useful for Druids.
Mallorn

Relevent quests in 2013

Post by Mallorn »

There have been a boat-load of lower level "worth it at the time" with quest items that are now, sadly, junk. Higher level content, particularly above lvl 80, abounds.

What are some lower level quests that are worth it in 2013?

Summary:
-Crescent Reach lvl 1-lvl 10 quests. reward: often a useful potion (heal, mana regen, etc.) for starting players. If you have never played the game it helps teach quest mechanics.
-Hotzone quests: lvl 20-80+ reward: cash and a defiant armor piece
-Any others you would like to add?

Once you hit the lvl 75+ ballpark you start getting into more recent content with many relevent quests. A couple I would like to highlight are:

-Seeds of Destruction, Rathe Mountain Theme: lvl 75+ reward: Journeyman 5 mercs http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guide ... ssion.html
-Coldain/underfoot prayer shawl: lvl 80+ reward: upgradable shawl that at higher levels returns mana with each cast viewtopic.php?f=19&t=449&start=10
-Bayle's Heraldic Crest aug (22 quests in OGH/OGV). reward: one of the best shield augs in the game until much higher levels. http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guide ... Crest.html
Last edited by Mallorn on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mallorn

Re: Quest Items worth doing in 2013

Post by Mallorn »

The first one I would like to add are the hot zone quests for platinum and defiant gear. It might not be worth it to a seasoned player, but many people seem to be returning and are poorly geared and broke. The hot zone quest you get from an NPC standing near the port-in spot of plane of knowledge in level increments of 5. For instance, at lvl 65 he says to go the steppes and you have to kill 5 things (gnolls, lizards/bears, or giants I believe) and then you get 256 plat and your choice of a piece of defiant. It does not give you all pieces, but it is a start. Since I am often experience hunting in hot zones you can kill two birds with one stone.
Mallorn

Re: Quest Items worth doing in 2013

Post by Mallorn »

I re-formatted this thread; as we compile quests that should be added I'll include them above. I added a couple that came to mind. Tatanka eluded to the fact that a lot of higher level zones have good quests, so add those here as well if something comes to mind.

One quest line I have been working on is in direwind, to get the lull item for the ashengate guards. I can't recall the name or the specifics now and am putting this down as a reminder to myself to add it later.
tatankawd

Re: Relevent quests in 2013

Post by tatankawd »

I just finished the Bayle's Heraldic Crest aug on my crew Sunday. It's from 22 quests in OGH/OGV. It's one of the best shield augs in the game until much higher levels.

A good perusal of Rasper's and/or EQResource will turn up lots of interesting quests/quest chains to check out.

Tat
Tatanka Wolfdancer <Inisfree>, 87th Druid of Tunare
Anaceup Mysleeves, 85th Mage
Snookims Whinslow, 85th Enchanter
Mallorn

Post by Mallorn »

I revamped the first post; when I first asked the question it was about lower level stuff and quests, which I think are still lacking. I broke it down and added links to the higher level quests.

If something stands out as add-worthy by all means list it and I'll add it above for reference.
Mallorn

Post by Mallorn »

So it is anniversary quest time, and I swear in all of my reading in the past there were anniversary rewards that I mentally logged as "timeless clickies." For the life of me I can't seem to find them now...if anyone has some anniversary quests that should be done while the time is right, please post it. If I find it first I'll add it here.