Best duo with druid?

EQ related discussion about Druid life in general.
lyrondak

Best duo with druid?

Post by lyrondak »

I'm looking to 2-box another char and was wondering what the best duo would be with my druid. Basically I'm looking to be able to do the most lvl 90 group content/nameds and progress through old raid bosses with just 2 chars and 2 mercs.

One thing that I'm certain about is picking a class that can slow. I'm thinking that the duo that could take me the farthest would probably be druid/enchanter. The classes complement each other very well because enchanter has everything druid doesn't (i.e. slow, mez) and vice versa (heal, snare). The only thing that would be missing is tanking.

I know T5 mercs cant really tank HoT group content so I'm also considering druid/bard and druid/beastlord but can they really tank that well? I'd also have to sacrifice crowd control if I did druid/beastlord. What are you guys' thoughts on what the best duo would be?
AbyssalMage

Re: Best duo with druid?

Post by AbyssalMage »

lyrondak wrote:I'm looking to 2-box another char and was wondering what the best duo would be with my druid. Basically I'm looking to be able to do the most lvl 90 group content/nameds and progress through old raid bosses with just 2 chars and 2 mercs.

One thing that I'm certain about is picking a class that can slow. I'm thinking that the duo that could take me the farthest would probably be druid/enchanter. The classes complement each other very well because enchanter has everything druid doesn't (i.e. slow, mez) and vice versa (heal, snare). The only thing that would be missing is tanking.

I know T5 mercs cant really tank HoT group content so I'm also considering druid/bard and druid/beastlord but can they really tank that well? I'd also have to sacrifice crowd control if I did druid/beastlord. What are you guys' thoughts on what the best duo would be?
If your looking for Old World Raid, depends how far back you want to go I guess. Anything not requiring instances, should be doable with T5 Tank merc.

Druid/Enchanter, Druid/Beastlord, and Druid/Shammy all have great synergy and work very well together in group content. ATK Debuff + Slow is amazing, period. :D

My main is now a Beastlord, want to put that on the table before I go further. Many Beastlords mains used to be Druids before they switched. (Then switched again to SK's :cry: )

Beastlords can Tank T4 Named but they have the top end group gear and thousands of AA's (I.e. max defensive, top end AC Hybrid group aug's, and the clickies that make you "special").
I also don't think you can go wrong with either Chanty/Shammy if your set on having the ability to slow. But Chanty would compliment you more (Being a spell caster) with their Regen, Mana Flare line of spells, and Aura's. Where Shammy compliment Mellee/Hybrid more.

If your looking for the next best thing though, I would probably go SK honestly. Easy to gear and AA, can snare/FD/Evac singles and can tank any old world raid mob. You lose the ability to slow mobs but with slow mitigation, I don't know how much that will actually hurt you as long as you put an ATK DeBuff on it.

The other obviouse option would be Mage because of their extreme solo powers in group content but not sure what their pets can do against old world raid mobs :|
karanthal

Re: Best duo with druid?

Post by karanthal »

There are a lot of complementary classes to play along side the druid.

I have a Bard and Mage I pair with my druid quite regularly and both work really well. These are a few pros and cons I can see with the pairings.

Bard pros
Pulling
Reasonable Slow
group enhancement songs (haste/damage shield/mitigation etc etc)
vast utility, whatever it is, theres a bard song for it

Bard Cons
Merc Tank unless your Bard is in raid gear.
Lower DPS than mage
melee class (playing 2 classes is easier with a caster no rampage to worry about or keeping in range but /melody and auto attack work 99% of the time)

Mage Pros
Pet Tank
High DPS
CoH pulling

Mage Cons
No Slow
No CC

Enchanter Pros
Best Haste
Best Slow
CC

Enchanter Cons