returning Rusty druid

EQ related discussion about Druid life in general.
WorzelGummige

returning Rusty druid

Post by WorzelGummige »

Where would you suggest I restart to upgrade my equipment, Should i continue the quests and the progression in Seeds of destruction or would my time be better spent on the new expansions such as underfoot, Hot and VoA
What areas can a rusty druid solo in these 3 new areas, what equipment and spells do i need and so on ?

An idea of my current equipment is here. Worzels Stuff
Last edited by WorzelGummige on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iila

Re: returning 84 druid

Post by Iila »

This is pretty late. But look into T1 HoT and VoA armor. The HoT stuff should be dirt cheap now. If you can get any HoT tier progression done, you can buy non-vis items of the appropriate tier stats for dream motes from a vendor in the Feerrott. SoD and UF are both trash and bet avoided except for some augs.
WorzelGummige

Returning Rusty Druid

Post by WorzelGummige »

I found the best place for a rusty druid to return and refresh his reverse charming abilities to be the 2 fields in front of the house in the house of thule expansion.

Grab one of the camps, the better one being the right hand side as you look at the house, say "snakes" to the the npc there as this is a repeatable quest kill 4snakes,4 rotdogs quest that has nice additional xp.

The rotdogs are KOS whilst the snakes are not so start with pulling the rotdogs, snare, glamour, charm, pull another, snare glamour, do damage, set pet, break charm at 10%, charm other dog, do damage to previous pet and set new pet to kill, REPEAT.

once you get upto speed start setting pet on 2/3 dogs but dont let pet die whilst charmed or no xp for you.

Once 3 rotdogs are dead use the 4th rotdog to start pulling snakes, when 4 snakes are dead repeat Quest.

The named Spawns in this area will be too tough to take on alone to start, you will need a group and need to use conventional killing methods. These named also drop the tier 1 armour pieces that are fantastic upgrades for any class returning to EQ.

By the way another great uograde is to ensure you do the tier5 merc quests in the korascien warrens, With a t5 tank by your side you have a good chance of surviving even against nameds in SOD expansion etc (but not in HOT till you are a bit more Uber)
karanthal

Re: returning 84 druid

Post by karanthal »

Theres a decent cleared area for charm killing just south of the NPC that sells the dream mote rewards and rk2 spells in Feerott as well.

The tanglefang stalkers and snakes in the area dont summon and are in decent supply for a steady AA rate. I rarely see anyone else there, the area just outside the house do tend to get busy.