How is everyone doing in RoF

EQ related discussion about Druid life in general.
Relient

How is everyone doing in RoF

Post by Relient »

Just trying to get some action going on the forums here. How is everyone doing in RoF? Find any good quadding spots, or reverse charming spots? I'm still sitting at 96 grinding some AA with my mage.
Naveed

Re: How is everyone doing in RoF

Post by Naveed »

Havnt got it yet, Loving the new armors though =).
Orinwarf

Post by Orinwarf »

I've been enjoying RoF. Besides grouping with RL friends for Mercenary and Partisan tasks (which result in very good experience rewards, especially when a particular chain is completed), I spent most of my time quint-kiting in the RoF version of Eastern Wastes. Some of the few places where one doesn't need to worry about wandering mobs are around the various Coldain dwarf blacksmith camps, especially the northern-most one and the one on the northeast. Quint-kiting the dwarves resulted in a very fast, pain-free grind to level 100. With maximum Improved Twincast-related AAs, critical damage, and Spirit of the Black Wolf AAs, it's too easy for words.
Relient

Post by Relient »

How long did it take you per kite Orinwarf? My AA's are slowly coming up to speed, but not quite all of my damage/nuke ones are done yet. Right now I am at 95 with 1500 AA or so, rk II VoA spells, but still in HoT Lucid visibles. Mostly VoA non vis slots.
Orinwarf

Post by Orinwarf »

That depends on whether I use Improved Twincast or not. After rounding up the five mobs and bunching them up together, with Improved Twincast it takes less than two minutes to burn them down (and less than 90 seconds with Nature's Fury). If I'm milking a Lesson for all it's worth, I'll camp down after a burn and wait for Improved Twincast to refresh. (With Hastened Improved Twincast, the timer is down to 20 minutes.) Without Improved Twincast you'll be casting much more often which means you'll be using much more mana. For the prolonged kiting runs I highly recommend maximizing Spirit of Black Wolf and Group Spirit of Black Wolf as the mana preservation is key. (Also, they're on separate timers.)

At 96 you get Helical Fire, so your quint-kiting burn will be Helical Fire (96), then Lunar Chill (92), then Helical Flare (91) and this will make a huge difference toward reducing the time it takes to burn through mobs. At 97 you receive Frosthowl Chill, thus adding yet another spell to your quint-kiting repertoire.

So after rounding up my mobs, I click Spirit of the Black Wolf, Focus of Arcanum, First Spire of Nature, and Improved Twincast and cycle through my 4 AE DDs until the mobs are dead, dead, dead.