I'm home!!!!

EQ related discussion about Druid life in general.
uh60flyinlow

I'm home!!!!

Post by uh60flyinlow »

Just wanted to say hi all. Back after about 8 years. Looking forward to getting back into things. Going to spend the next few days re-learning the maps, my spellbook and how to be a Druid. :) I'll be a contributor once I get my bearings back. It's good to be home :)
Yrys
TDG Admin
TDG Admin

Re: I'm home!!!!

Post by Yrys »

Welcome back. :)
tatankawd

Post by tatankawd »

Welcome back! I just returned a few months ago as well :)

Tat
Tatanka Wolfdancer <Inisfree>, 87th Druid of Tunare
Anaceup Mysleeves, 85th Mage
Snookims Whinslow, 85th Enchanter
Mallorn

Post by Mallorn »

Welcome! I was a recent returner myself, but with a little patience I was brought back up to speed. Fire away with questions if you have them; I suspect a few of us might be able to answer returning player's questions.

What server are you on? Tat and I are on Tunare, not sure about some others. A lot of quiet lurkers on this site as well. :)
Tamani

Post by Tamani »

Today I decided to try the game again. I have been away 6 years and will also have to spend a few days relearning skills and sorting out what I am missing etc. One question I have is whats the best zone for me to start the exp grind in?
Tamani

Post by Tamani »

oops forgot to add my druid is 66
tatankawd

Post by tatankawd »

Without getting into any other details (if you like quadding, root/rot, reverse charming, grouping, etc), my first advice would be to hit the hot zones. You can look them up on ZAM, but also, just go talk to Franklin Teek, in PoK right across from the Guild Lobby zone line. He gives quests for the hot zones, kill 5 of a given mob type, and you get some plat, XP, and a Defiant armor piece for shoulder, waist or back. You can do more than one, just get them all at the same time. For instance, you could get the ones for the level 65, 60, and 55 zones, and get three rewards.

Look for Defiant gear in the bazaar (FYI, you can type "/bazaar" anywhere to browse, and pay 10% more if you buy it from a remote location. It gets sent to the Parcel vendors, do a search (CTRL-F) in PoK). Also, all spells through level 85 or 90 are available in the PoK library. And aug distillers are WAY cheaper, so moving augs around is easier.

So get some gear, some spells, and head to the hot zones. Solo or look for groups. Oh yeah, while in PoK, pick up a mercenary if you want. It's like a player (takes a group spot), but it's your own to use.

Tat
Tatanka Wolfdancer <Inisfree>, 87th Druid of Tunare
Anaceup Mysleeves, 85th Mage
Snookims Whinslow, 85th Enchanter
Mallorn

Post by Mallorn »

Tatnakawd's post is a great summary of where to start. At lvl 66 I hunted in The Steppes, and I blabbed on and on about it on the forum here under Quest, strategies and more and then under a post labeled steppes.

As you get back in the groove feel free to post questions, you may have to be patient to get a response though. What server are you on?
Doccus

Post by Doccus »

Thanks!

I just came back to EQ today, after many years away. Your post was the perfect level range to help me out (I'm 66).

The only thing I'm sort of shady on now is how to arrange my spells into sets to best cut down the amount of erase / remem time. I'm going to try out a couple of these zones tonight when I get home.

Doccus Windstalker
Formerly of Bristlebane, Nature's Way and Ill Tempered Sea Bass guilds
Currently on Cazic
Mallorn

Post by Mallorn »

The Steppes is a great zone to get to know. I hunted there at your levels for quite a while, and two days ago I was there trying to "merc swarm" the gnolls which worked out well, so you can even get experience there until lvl 80. Lots of animals to do our animal tricks on (fear, charm) and the gnolls drop plat like old world hill giants, 1-30+pp. It is a hot zone (bonus exp, aug drops) and with the hot zone quest you can get some defiant armor and platinum every 24 hours. What is not to like?

In truth, what is not to like is the fact that mobs there hit for a hell of a lot harder than they do in plane of (doom)fire, infected paw...any of the older maps. If you are returning just give yourself some time to get into the swing of things, find a place you have fun hunting and keep us posted. :)