Back from hibernation, now what?

General WoW Druid-related discussions.
Felkan

Back from hibernation, now what?

Post by Felkan »

According to Blizzard (my account was locked out for some reason), it has been ~440 days since I last used my account. A lot has changed in the game even before the recent 4.0 update. I have a few questions regarding some of these changes, if you could take a few seconds to answer some/all of these it would be really great!
  1. The new LFG thingy looks really cool. Does it assign me to groups with similar gear levels? I only have Naxx10/25 and a couple of Ulduar pieces, so I don't want to get matched up with folks that are well past my gear, and rusty, skill level. Do I need to worry?
  2. One of the biggest, if not the biggest, mistakes I made in LK was to drop mining for Inscription (I still have herbalism). That cost me 6-8K g that I never really recovered and sort of made me feel like I was always playing catch-up money wise. I'd really, really, really, like to drop Inscription (currently 447/450??) for skinning or mining. Crafting professions are not for me. Any thoughts? This lame duck period would be a great time for me to level mining/skinning. Is there any reason to keep/level inscription any more?
  3. Addons: I use to use pitbull for Unit/Raid Frames and auctioneer, gatherer. Should I go grab those or has something better come along? I've seen hints that there are a few newer Feral Druid addons but I can't find specifics. Any ideas?
  4. I'm sure I'll dream up a few more questions, so stay tuned...
Thanks.

FWIW, I'm currently a horde dual-spec Bear/Cat druid. Though it looks like I'm going to switching to alliance once cata is released. :x Thankfully, I'll never have to be a NE. :)
RagingEpistaxis

Re: Back from hibernation, now what?

Post by RagingEpistaxis »

1. AFAIK, LFG tries to match you with folks of similar gearing, but it doesn't always do a good job of it. I wouldn't worry too much though.

2. For my money's worth, I'd say switch back to mining if that's what you enjoy. It may not be the wisest thing to do fiscally, or from a min/max standpoint, but it's not like you're making your character so gimped as to be unplayable. Maybe at the highest levels - 'bleeding edge progression' - but not for anyone else.

3. Pitbull, Auctioneer, and Gatherer are all still out there, and being updated for 4.0.1. Feral specific addons? I like Bad Kitty and Hear Kitty. The first one puts a grid of indicators up on the screen to make it easy to prioritize what ability needs to be refreshed for max kitty dps. It has bear functionality too, but I haven't used it for that. Hear Kitty plays audible cues to alert you to your combo point status - as a part time feral I have difficulty tracking everything, and find the sounds much easier to keep track of than yet another indicator on the screen.

Welcome Back!
Felkan

Post by Felkan »

Thanks.

Last night I went through and sold just every piece of gear I had that wasn't obviously cat or bear (I had full+ set of tree and chicken stuff in my bags/bank) and purged anything of lower item level that for some reason only know to myself 1.5 years ago, I was still hanging onto. I went ahead and made a few Druid glyphs for myself as well from mats I had lying around. I think I need to get one more, then I'll drop it for mining.

Actually, mining would be easier to level after the Cata since I could fly in the old word, but I'll do it now while I have so much down time.

Thanks for the tips on the addons.
Destinae

Post by Destinae »

I'm glad to see you're back Felkan! You were missed!