Wacky Packages. Corpses?

The Druids Grove combined Off Topic Forum. Politics, science, random oddities - discuss them all here. - Low Moderation
Fyyr

Wacky Packages. Corpses?

Post by Fyyr »

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-1 ... lungs.html

My standard of living increases.

People are so dumb.
Californians vote down Prop 19.
There has not been one verifiable documented overdose of marijuana.
Yet prescription opioids, mostly hydrocodone, are ranked number two of accidental deaths, just after car accidents.

And now this. I suppose it makes sense for a country of zombie worshipers to want to put images of corpses on cigarette packaging.
http://www.wackypackages.org/index.php

I am so glad that they are looking out for all of us.
Just like Mary Poppins. Or a big brother.
AbyssalMage

Re: Wacky Packages. Corpses?

Post by AbyssalMage »

Guess you beleive in an "everything should go" kind of society. You would of loved America in the 1800's. I don't agree with everything that our Government does but warning them about dangers isn't one that is up on my radar.

But legalizing drugs, all drugs, should be done. Im tired of fighting a war on drugs that can't be won. People will always find new ways of killing themselves. Its a matter of where you want to spend your tax dollars I guess. Im fine with telling people, "Look drugs will destroy your organs, kill any job opportunity you may have, and if your lucky kill you and no one else." Alcohol does most of those things and its legal...not sure why the other crap isn't. If they want to add pictures to the packaging, fine. People are dumb and still buy the crap.
Tudamorf

Post by Tudamorf »

Fyyr wrote:I suppose it makes sense for a country of zombie worshipers to want to put images of corpses on cigarette packaging.
So libertarians are not only anti-tax, but also anti-labeling?

It's just information on the package. It doesn't cost extra to print, or affect your ability to buy the product.

You can ignore it if you like.
Fyyr

Post by Fyyr »

Smokers already know that smoking is unheathly.

We should paint corpses or decapitated bodies on the sides of cars, cars kill more people than cigarettes.
Or pics of dead obese people on morgue slabs, on packages of food.

This is just more stupid big brother crap.
To make someone money off of other people, or make someone FEEL like they are making a difference.

You people are so dumb.
Tudamorf

Post by Tudamorf »

Fyyr wrote:Smokers already know that smoking is unheathly.
There is a big difference between knowing in the abstract that smoking is unhealthy, and being confronted with imagery about the consequences.
Fyyr wrote:We should paint corpses or decapitated bodies on the sides of cars, cars kill more people than cigarettes.
Unlike cigarettes, cars mainly act as advertisements in the showroom.

And you are describing accidental consequences due to user error, not inherent consequences due to the nature of the product.

If anything should be on a car's label in the showroom, it should be pictures of terrorists blowing up buildings, of old rich white people laughing to the bank, and of environments being destroyed.
Fyyr wrote:Or pics of dead obese people on morgue slabs, on packages of food.
Excellent idea. Put pictures of obese ugly women on junk food.
Fyyr wrote:To make someone money off of other people,
Who makes money off of it?
Fyyr wrote:or make someone FEEL like they are making a difference.
They are.
Fyyr wrote:You people are so dumb.
Not as dumb as tobacco addicts are.