What do anarchists want?

The Druids Grove combined Off Topic Forum. Politics, science, random oddities - discuss them all here. - Low Moderation
Zute

What do anarchists want?

Post by Zute »

http://www.slate.com/id/2279457/
European anarchist groups are getting better organized and more dangerous, reports USA Today on Tuesday, as evidenced by a spate of recent mail bombings in Italy. What, exactly, do anarchists want?
Seems odd they'd organize...
Formerly known as Panamah
Fyyr

Re: What do anarchists want?

Post by Fyyr »

I still have their cookbook.
erianaiel

Post by erianaiel »

Zute wrote:http://www.slate.com/id/2279457/
European anarchist groups are getting better organized and more dangerous, reports USA Today on Tuesday, as evidenced by a spate of recent mail bombings in Italy. What, exactly, do anarchists want?
Seems odd they'd organize...
Anarchists want the same things that Libertarians in the USA want.
And what children think they will get when they dream of not having parents to tell them 'no'
Except that some small splintergroups of anarchists are more willing to main and murder...
(though to be honest, from what I have read about the tea party and its militant wing I am not so sure who is the more dangerous group. Paranoid delusions, the IQ of a banana peel and heavy firearms are not a good combination in my opinion)

Eri
Tudamorf

Post by Tudamorf »

It's simple. Anarchists want all of the benefits of a civilized society without having to contribute anything themselves.

Anarchists/libertarians are among the worst type of hypocrites.
Zute

Post by Zute »

Fyyr wrote:I still have their cookbook.
Tee hee! Me too. I have it in the cupboard with all my other cookbooks.
Formerly known as Panamah
Fyyr

Post by Fyyr »

Tudamorf wrote:It's simple. Anarchists want all of the benefits of a civilized society without having to contribute anything themselves.

Anarchists/libertarians are among the worst type of hypocrites.
Well, we all must abide by a Social Contract.

When that contract is breached by one party, then well. We don't then have a contract.

You are telling me that even when there is a breach of contract, that the individual must still abide by it.
That does not make any sense, Tudamorf.

Libertarians are fine with pay for what you get. If you receive something, you should pay for it.
There is nothing hypocritical about that.
I understand that you live in SF, and being in SF, that you receive a lot more of the benefits from the rest of society, ie the rest of California, than normal, more than the rest of us. And that skews your perception. I mean, for example, we are, us Californians, are paying for your brand new bridge. And will have to pay again at the toll booth, to come to your city, after it's built. If the people of SF and Oakland only had to pay for the new bridge, it would never be built. You are relying on the production of other people, us and me, to make that happen. You benefit from taking our productivity, without our say in the matter. The bridge benefits you in SF and Oakland only. And I know that you are absolutely cool with that. I would drive around, if I had to, and didn't have to pay for your bridge, if I wanted to come to your city.

The rest of us, who are paying for your new bridge, receive NOTHING from your new bridge. But we are paying for it. You in SF benefit, and are not paying your fair share. You are all leeches on the rest of society. Taking something without paying for it. That is just stealing. And Libertarians do have a problem with stealing.

If you all paid for your own bridge, then there would be no problems. But like I said, then there would be no bridge.

Pay for your own god damned bridge, leech.
Tudamorf

Post by Tudamorf »

Fyyr wrote:Libertarians are fine with pay for what you get. If you receive something, you should pay for it.
Right now, you receive lots of things for free, or at a steeply discounted rate because they're subsidized by people a lot richer than you are.

If you had to pay your pro-rata share out of your own pocket, you'd probably be bankrupt.

And you're telling me, you would rather pay for it?

For example, the U.S. defense budget alone is almost $700 billion in one year, which comes out to about $3,000 per adult.

We could go down the list of all the services you use -- roads, police, fire, telephone, internet, health care, education, and so on -- and send you a bill.

That's what you want? Really?
Fyyr wrote:I understand that you live in SF, and being in SF, that you receive a lot more of the benefits from the rest of society, ie the rest of California, than normal, more than the rest of us.
Are you really that clueless? Many rich people live in San Francisco, including tens of thousands of millionaires and a number of billionaires. These people pay the taxes that subsidize the services YOU use on a daily basis.

The only other people who are really paying for our bridge, other than ourselves, are the rich people in Southern California. And we pay for their stuff too so they have little cause to complain.
Klath

Post by Klath »

Fyyr is wrong. The system within the state mirrors the way things are at the national level. Just as red states leach off the blue states, red counties leach off the blues.

Report: Bay Area counties give so rural counties can receive
http://www.marinij.com/ci_15345671

By Denis C. Theriault
dtheriault@mercurynews.com

SACRAMENTO — A new report on who supplies — and who spends — California's public dollars shows an interesting disparity between the givers and the takers:

Counties that provide most of the state's revenue streams like income and sales taxes reliably elect Democrats, who traditionally want to take more of your money. And counties whose Republican representatives argue most vociferously for social services cuts draw, per capita, the most state aid.

[More... http://www.marinij.com/ci_15345671]
Tudamorf

Post by Tudamorf »

Fyyr wrote:Well, we all must abide by a Social Contract.

When that contract is breached by one party, then well. We don't then have a contract.

You are telling me that even when there is a breach of contract, that the individual must still abide by it.
Just the opposite: I am saying that you don't want to perform your duty under the contract, but you still insist that we perform ours (in the form of all the free stuff you get from us).

If you or any other libertarians want to withdraw entirely from the contract, I have no problem with that whatsoever.

In fact, I would heartily endorse the creation of "libertarian reserves," where you libertarians can live free from taxes and also free from the protection of our laws.

You won't survive long, but at least you'll die with your libertarian pride intact.
Fyyr

Post by Fyyr »

Here is an example of what government does.

"On July 29, 2009 U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved colchicine as a monotherapy for the treatment of familial Mediterranean fever and acute gout flares,[2] and gave 7-year marketing exclusivity[3] to URL Pharma, in exchange for URL Pharma doing 2 new studies. URL Pharma raised the price from $0.09 per pill to $4.85, and sued to remove other versions from market."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colchicine

It takes an inexpensive drug, available for decades. And causes it's price to increase 5400 percent.

And you wonder why healthcare is so expensive in the US.