WoW Classic is live!

News and announcements related to World of Warcraft.
Yrys
TDG Admin
TDG Admin

WoW Classic is live!

Post by Yrys »

Want to go back to World of Warcraft as it was in 2006? Today, you can. Blizzard has now launched World of Warcraft Classic; it's based on patch 1.12. You do need a World of Warcraft subscription to play, but do not need a separate Classic sub.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/wowclassic

You can also check out some of our guides in the forum archive, though I'm not sure whether the changes that made the class quests easier are in 1.12.

https://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/wow/f-73.html
Ravnia

Re: WoW Classic is live!

Post by Ravnia »

I was very excited and super anxious to re-live the old days. However, after tanking my 1st dungeon, Deadmines, I haven't logged back in to play. Even though everyone said I did well tanking, I felt very frustrated and helpless at times during the run. The dungeon was the tipping point. I have grown weary and tired of the druid leveling and game play. I die very often when questing, not on a pvp server, and unable to complete a quest above a yellow. While playing a lock, I can complete a red quest.

Maybe I forgot how to play a druid, but it was very discouraging when trying to re-live the experience.
Yrys
TDG Admin
TDG Admin

Post by Yrys »

Sorry to hear about that. I was Restoration during the 1.x days, and mostly I remember trying to heal dungeons and hoping no one died, because I only had the in-combat rez with the 15 minute cooldown.
Ravnia

Post by Ravnia »

Alright ... so after getting my lock to max and through BWL, I returned to my druid with a more optimistic outlook and realistic expectations. I approached each mob cautiously and strategically. The biggest mistake I previously did was forgetting how Classic/Vanilla was with leveling. I truly had ignored the druid mechanism and abilities; meaning I didn't heal while fighting or moving around after using entangling roots and so on ... so this was truly my oversight on how to play a druid. I feel reborn and hindsight is 20/20 should have taken the time to analyze my mistakes and persevere through the first try. All is great now, I'm moving along and hopefully within a few weeks, I can claim this druid as my main. Good times. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yrys
TDG Admin
TDG Admin

Post by Yrys »

Very nice. :)