2020 - 2021 Covid and Beyond.

Site news and announcements.
Sobe Silvertree
TDG Founder

2020 - 2021 Covid and Beyond.

Post by Sobe Silvertree »

Hello TDG community,
I hope all were safe during this trying time. I was fortunate that my job kept me remote until I received my vaccination. I just renewed the boards, as many of us still come back and see our old home, our old post, and yea everything seemed so much simpler back then!

If you see this post, please chime in!

Our entire staff, our community, and the fun we had kept us coming back. I hope you found your TDG in other forums, games, or in your life!
----------- May you all have many more years and stay safe.

My hat is off to Yrys for maintaining the forums since I left.

Sobe Silvertree
Sobe the Wanderer
Creator of The Druid Grove Forums 1999: 22 years ago

Guild Afterlife
Mith Marr Server 1999-2004
Cenarius Server 2004-2006
Came back to Classic WOW for a spin in 2019-2020
- a bit of HS drama and I was done :)
Current Games: Smite, World of Warships, and Star Citizen.
Yrys
TDG Admin
TDG Admin

Re: 2020 - 2021 Covid and Beyond.

Post by Yrys »

Hey Sobe, glad to hear you're doing well. :)

I actually played EQ semi-recently on one of the progression servers. It was fun to go back for a bit, though I don't have the time to raid anymore.
Sobe Silvertree
TDG Founder

Post by Sobe Silvertree »

"though I don't have the time to raid anymore" <--- that is a true statement for a lot of us :)
Palarran

Post by Palarran »

Glad to see the forums still around!

The Al'Kabor Project (emulated server recreating as closely as practical the frozen-in-PoP Al'Kabor Mac server) occasionally relies on posts from forums like this for evidence of how things were 20 years ago. On at least one occasion I looked for supporting evidence for something, and found one of my own posts from back in the day.
Yrys
TDG Admin
TDG Admin

Post by Yrys »

Hey Palarran, good to see you again. Yeah, even though the forums are quiet to say the least, I am a strong believer in keeping information available. I still toy with the idea of using or writing a vB => phpBB converter to more natively pull in the older posts, but haven't had the time to look at it seriously. Until then though, the searchable archive is still available.